Eagle Eye Optics?

PDA

ceetee
March 21, 2008, 10:25 AM
At the last gun show, there was a guy with a whole table full of these red dots, and full-length scopes for salea. The prices seemed comparable with most other middle-of-the road scopes and sights (no better, no worse). He said that everything is made in one of the former com-bloc countries - I misremember which one - and that they're guaranteed for life. Warranteed by their main importer, in... Phoenix, maybe?

Here's the only thing a quick web search picked up. (http://www.ijksales.com/eagle_eye_scopes.htm)

Anybody have any experience with any of these?

If you enjoyed reading about "Eagle Eye Optics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hksw
March 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
Judging by the photos of the ijksales.com link, if by 'former com-bloc country' you mean China, i've had a couple of their products. By 'their' I mean the scope house that manufactures the Eagle Eye brand seems to be the same one that makes the BSA, Barska, NcStar, Target, BEC, and other lowest end range of some of the low to medium value scope manufacturers. My experience with those lowest end scopes have been negative. (BEC (poor), BSA(poor), Barska (average at best))

ceetee
March 22, 2008, 12:11 AM
No, not China. He told me the name - I'm just having "old-timer's disease". Somewhere in Eastern Europe. Serbia? Dunno. Just wondering if anybody has heard about them is all.

Thanks anyway.

no_problem
March 22, 2008, 12:19 AM
no, never heard of them. But the Chinese scopes are cheaper.

hksw
March 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
ct, the scopes on the link you had provided are Chinese with Czech glass. The dealer was most likely selling you a story by implying they are made entirely in Europe. Not saying the CZ glass is bad, just Chinese scopes as a whole are. (for the time being. I'm sure in the distant future they will be up to at least par, but for now, not good.)

brian923
March 22, 2008, 02:11 PM
i got a one of those new tasco varmite/target scopes and its really good. the glass gatheres a lot of light and are very crispy clear. the mildot cross haor is very easy to see, and it has resetable target turrets on it. i got it from dicks sporting goods, for around 100.00$. for an extra ten dollars, i put an extended warrenty on it, which allows me to get it replaced for any purpose. even if I drop and damage it. and i dont have to send thee scope back!!! i just send the origonal recipt, and they send me a gift card to purchase somethingt else, or the same product. its really nice, and i can shoot sub MOA gropups all day with it on my AR-15. the tasco website says that the lenses are made by HUBBLE lens corp. and are assembled in spain. (at least thats what i am gathering. it really dosent say where they are "MADE")

heres a link to the scope i got.

http://www.tasco.com/single.cfm?s=Riflescopes&family=Target%20%26%20Varmint&product=var624x42m

i would say to give tasco a look. a realy nice scope with not that much beating on the wallet.
hope this helps. brian

If you enjoyed reading about "Eagle Eye Optics?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!