When role playing computer games and reality shouldn't mix...

PDA

Gewehr98
August 9, 2003, 08:14 PM
Ok, this is from another forum where I buy cooling accessories for my overclocked and overheated computers. Somebody explain what a John Browning rollover slide is, is that something that comes standard on my 4 1911's? He probably means it's different than the open-topped Beretta :scrutiny:

I've been thinking about setting Junior straight on Black Talons and asking him why the slide on a Beretta 92 is easier to work than a Sig's. Or just let it go, no reason to let him become further edumacated. ;) See below:

Since 2cool broke the ice naming some brands, like Walther (ppk 380 cal?) and Kimber thought I would put some name s out there:

SigSaur p229 40 cal, double action, auto, no saftey, lock and load. I use cheap wadd cutter ammo at the range, Black Talon full clips for home defence. Even though they the BT's are outlawed where I live (seems u can rip right through body armor), if you already own it its legal. They are +P+ single shot kill, with more knock down than a 45, high velocity. Two magazines, 12 rounds each with one in the chamber. Those are now also illeagal where I live. Its the fastest fireing and reloading gun I ever owned. Its my #1 home defence weapon. Its also standard Fbi issue sidearm. Got mine for $1100. I take it to the range about twice a year after the first year. Its got the John Browning roll over slide, which is famous. Extremely accurate at close range. Perfect killing machine and secondary weapon if your a hunter. Extremely easy to clean.

Next up is my Baretta 92fs, 9mm, double action auto, Italian gun, with safety, uses parabelem rounds. This gun has an almost 6 inch barell and is extremely accurate and fast. Its so durable, I use the cheap Chinese ammo at the range (but I try to avoid it), and use copper jacketed holowpoints, 2 magazines fully loaded for home defence. This gun is so fast you can pull off about 6 rounds a second. Not much kick, each magazine holds 15 rounds with one in the chamber. Its very hard to clean, replacement barrels are easy to come by. New I bought it for about a grand, today its probably closer to $1400. Fine Italian design, its not the JB rollover type though. Accurate enough at 30 yards. Its standard military and police issue, my wife uses it for home defence cause she can't even pull back the slide on the Sig. Use this mostly at the range.

Well thats all I own except for the 12 and 20 guage shotguns, lets hear about that Walther ppk 380 ? Or is it the really old ones. How bout any HK's (Heckler and Koch) or perhaps any wheel guns or old Mousers or antique guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "When role playing computer games and reality shouldn't mix..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
vmi93
August 9, 2003, 08:40 PM
How 'bout...

"Man for what you spent on that SIG and "Baretta"(sic), you could have got a fly matched pair of 'Deagles' in .44 mag." :evil:

BZ422
August 9, 2003, 09:11 PM
That guy shouldn't even be allowed to own a firearm until he gets some decent information and such. Looks like he lives in the land of make-believe.....

Jake
August 9, 2003, 09:24 PM
Wow that was truely educational. No wait. On second thought that was funny and scary at the same time. My favorite part may be about how the 92 is so very hard to clean.

Phyphor
August 9, 2003, 09:58 PM
....'coz that sounded an AWFUL LOT like CS kiddies I've had the misfortune to come across.

Duncan Idaho
August 9, 2003, 10:13 PM
That is some of the most ignorant stuff that I have ever read. :barf:

I have to go wash my eyes out with soap now. :uhoh: :barf:

Hkmp5sd
August 9, 2003, 10:30 PM
illeagal
fireing
wadd cutter
Baretta
parabelem
SigSaur
if your a hunter

This fellow is probably somewhere around 12-13 years old.

This gun is so fast you can pull off about 6 rounds a second.

Wow. Didn't know my 92F had a cyclic rate of 360 rounds per minute and no recoil. May as well quit wasting my money on NFA weapons.

WonderNine
August 9, 2003, 10:34 PM
Honestly I could empty a 17 round clip out of my old Beretta in about a little over two seconds, no joking. I can do about the same with my BHP. Emptied a 17 round KRD mag and everyone at the range was like *holy $h1Y*. :) Some guys shooting shotgun thought I was full auto. :)

The old Black Talons suck btw... the Rangers are where it's at.

I'm not going to go into the other stupid comments he made. Just a typical Counterstrike baby.

PCRCCW
August 9, 2003, 11:43 PM
For the lack of a proper and usable term relating to Shooting and Such...

Ill choose to relate the proper term for this guy in Motorcycle Speak.....he would be a "SQUID" of the highest caliber.

These are the guys who "used to race but I got bored with it" :rolleyes: They buy a 600cc Sport Bike and wrap it around a car/guard rail/fixed object of your choice the first day they have it.

I used to love to teach these guys when I taught MSF a while back.....

"So you used to race...very cool! By the way....thats the brake and that, ya that over there, yep...thats the clutch!....oh you found it, good for you!"
:scrutiny: :evil: :neener: LOL

Where would the world be without these guys.......LOL

Shoot well

Hkmp5sd
August 9, 2003, 11:48 PM
Honestly I could empty a 17 round clip out of my old Beretta in about a little over two seconds, no joking.

Me too. I just can't hit anything when I do it. :)

BHPshooter
August 10, 2003, 12:53 AM
HA! I don't even know what to say.

Maybe: :barf: :scrutiny:

Wes

sanchezero
August 10, 2003, 01:32 AM
Lighten up fellas, he probably works in a gunshop.

:)

Hkmp5sd
August 10, 2003, 01:45 AM
Or he could be the technical consultant for the Brady Bunch and VPC.

faustulus
August 10, 2003, 02:47 AM
With information like that he could work for HCI and Sarah Brady.

dsk
August 10, 2003, 03:17 AM
Somehow I'm envisioning a zit-faced teenager who isn't even old enough to own a handgun, pretending on the forum that he does.

WonderNine
August 10, 2003, 04:20 AM
Somehow I'm envisioning a zit-faced teenager who isn't even old enough to own a handgun, pretending on the forum that he does.

And you would be correct.

Andrew Wyatt
August 10, 2003, 04:22 PM
I'm wondering where i can get clip fed pistols and if they make the *ping!*.

SnWnMe
August 10, 2003, 05:06 PM
AHAHAHA! Man that was funny!

Sean Smith
August 10, 2003, 05:10 PM
I vote for gun shop employee. :evil:

WhoKnowsWho
August 10, 2003, 08:11 PM
Haha! That was a low blow Sean! But oh so true sometimes!

Phyphor
August 10, 2003, 09:27 PM
Go ask Wildalaska to show you his Broomhandle Mauser.....
:D

Andrew Wyatt
August 10, 2003, 09:36 PM
Go ask Wildalaska to show you his Broomhandle Mauser.....

no thanks. i'd prefer he keep his broomhandle mauser to himself. :)

George Hill
August 10, 2003, 09:49 PM
"Lighten up fellas, he probably works in a gunshop."

ROTFLMAO!!! :D :D :D
He probably does. We have a shop here in Utah called "Totally Awesome Guns" and this guy sounds like one of the employees there.

Skunkabilly
August 11, 2003, 01:58 AM
I have to say I've met a few gun owners who've said stuff like that...not bad people, just uninformed....

Which Beretta is $1400 now that's a double action? Is it constructed of titanium and Damascus steel with carbon fiber grips???

Dr.Rob
August 11, 2003, 02:38 AM
Lets keep in mind that the zit faced kid might live in another poart of the world or gun unfriendly **********, with big mark ups.

Or he's estimating his prices in Euros in 2020.

Real life is not a game. A game is not real life. :rolleyes:

Owning a sword does not make you Conan. Owning throwing stars does not make you a ninja. Practicing with a gun twice a year does make you dangerous.. to yourself and your friends.

Oh yeah and there is no tooth fairy either.:scrutiny:

George Hill
August 11, 2003, 02:41 AM
:scrutiny:
Geeze Rob... talk about a wet blanket.

boots
August 11, 2003, 02:53 AM
"Totally Awesome Guns" are you serious?

PCRCCW
August 11, 2003, 12:54 PM
Yes, its true!....they are "Totally Awesome" also........:scrutiny:
They are the nicest Commandoes youll meet!

and mod.

"Oh yeah and there is no tooth fairy either."

:what: .....next youll tell us there is no Easter Bunny too!

Where the hell did the quarter come from then? :D

Shoot well

Mute
August 11, 2003, 02:03 PM
We have a saying for things like these, in Chinese. Phonetically:

Uh-yah! Chun choy!

Translation: Dumbass!

rappa
August 11, 2003, 02:11 PM
What a hoot!:D
I was a little disappointed he didn't get into detail about his 12 and 20 gauge shotguns. I'm sure it would've gotten even better!

Dr.Rob
August 11, 2003, 02:14 PM
Sorry George.

"All Your Base Belong To Us"

Feel better now?

Mikul
August 11, 2003, 02:32 PM
Can you give me his e-mail address? Maybe he can tell me how to get wadcutters to feed in my Sig. Even better, maybe he can tell me who makes wadcutters in .40.

Skunkabilly
August 11, 2003, 03:51 PM
I saw on the Raven Shield forums, there was a thread about why isn't there a 1911 in the game...someone said that in the North Hollywood shootout, the results woulda been different if they'd use .45s instead of 9mms....

I prefer my long gun, thanks! :rolleyes:

Thrash1982
August 11, 2003, 04:19 PM
I saw where a few of you guys wrote that it sounded like this was from a counterstrike forum. LOL! So true! My friends and I are pretty into CS and a few of them thought similar to what this kid thinks. BUT I made it my mission to edumacate them in the ways of firearms. I have even convinced one of them to join the Purdue Pistol club this coming semester. Unfortunately all too often I see some n00b (to use the lexicon of the CS crowd) say something so misinformed and moronic about guns that I wonder how many middle school kids are out there playing this game.

Skunkabilly
August 11, 2003, 04:32 PM
People who play CS who talk about guns provide hours of free entertainment....

Deagles :D

David4516
August 11, 2003, 06:35 PM
About emptying your mag really fast (6 shots a second?), I think this is possible. If I don't slow down to aim, I can empty my Makarov really fast :p

Amadeus
August 11, 2003, 07:08 PM
{Lets keep in mind that the zit faced kid might live in another poart of the world or gun unfriendly **********, with big mark ups.}

Even here in California the mark-up is not so terrible to send a Beretta into the $1400 range. Got my 92 for $700 and change. Great gun - by the way.

This kid or defective - or creature - just has no clue about guns or the value of a dollar for that matter. With the amount of reverence he lends to the almighty $1000, he clearly thinks that anything worth having will cost that much. Maybe an M1A or a P7. But ---- come on folks. There are so many issues in that one post - my head is spinning. I love his use of the word parabellum - as if it were a brand name. I think the person needs help rather than ridicule. This is why I became an instructor. So I can help people get over those little misconceptions like -- hollowpoints will tear apart body armor, and semiauto is synonymous with "assault" and the biggest myth of all --- Sarah Brady is right.

:D

Kevlarman
August 11, 2003, 08:16 PM
I find it funny that the majority of the CS players I've met know next to nothing about firearms; or worse yet, get all of their knowledge from TV and movies.

The Day of Defeat guys, OTOH, seem to be much more well versed in the subject. Heck, they even have a military collectibles topic over on their message boards!

Gewehr98
August 13, 2003, 02:09 AM
I just couldn't sit there and let the disinformation spew forth, so I responded. Funny thing is, he wanted me to go over to the SiG Forum, and let those folks know that a SiG slide isn't any harder to cycle by hand than a Beretta 92, or any easier to clean. The same SiG forum that THR's own cslinger and lendsringer are members of. Couldn't let that one go, either:

http://www.2cooltek.com/forums/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1060397922

boogalou
August 13, 2003, 05:37 PM
The Day of Defeat guys, OTOH, seem to be much more well versed in the subject. Heck, they even have a military collectibles topic over on their message boards!

Kevlarman - Nice to see that someone else on this board is familier with DOD. I play that game all the time.

spacemanspiff
August 13, 2003, 05:59 PM
Extremely accurate at close range.
umm, arent all guns accurate at close range? heck at ten feet i can shoot clover leafs. at 25 feet that leaf looks more like a 1:1 scale of the pyramid blueprints.

reminds me of that kid in that hip=hop forum who said he likes the walther p22 because, "it has stopping power".
yeah, it has stopping power. if you duct tape it to a cinderblock and throw it at someone!

dave5339
August 15, 2003, 04:16 PM
One of my former co-workers who is a Counter Strike junkie is enthralled with a Ruger p-90 in 9mm. He wants to buy one because it kills the best in Counter Strike. He honestly believes that what applies in his game has bearing on the real world.....

Semper Fi

WonderNine
August 15, 2003, 04:43 PM
There is no Ruger P90 in Counter-Strike...:D The only 9mm handgun in CS is the Glock 18.

We have a shop here in Utah called "Totally Awesome Guns"

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. :D :D :D

cslinger
August 15, 2003, 04:58 PM
I didn't read the other boards thread but what is the person's handle on the SIG forum. Sure doesn't sound like anybody I know who posts over there as I find that board to be very similar to this one in terms of educated, humble, friendly people.

Definitely sounds to me like he took specs from a RPG paper or computer and created his fantasy. RPGs typically have erroneous info or prices that are way out of whack with reality.

We were all kids once too. I don't think I was ever that obnoxious but hey what are you gonna do.

Now assuming he is over 21 what do you think he'd give me for a fly P220ST .45 with 6 magazines. I'm thinking I would cut him a break and sell for say $1800. :D

Chris

anapex
August 15, 2003, 05:29 PM
I used to love CS until I found DoD, Nothing beats the teamwork you can find in that game. Even on a public server I see a lot of teamwork.

There is no Ruger P90 in Counter-Strike... The only 9mm handgun in CS is the Glock 18.

You're right about the P90, not in CS but it is in another Half-Life mod called The Opera. Anyway You actually have another 9mm with the Dual "Elites" unless I'm mistaken and the game claims them as .40s

Kevlarman
August 15, 2003, 06:58 PM
I always thought that they were Beretta 96's, which would make them .40S&W.

WonderNine
August 15, 2003, 07:02 PM
Kevlarman - Nice to see that someone else on this board is familier with DOD. I play that game all the time.

I used to play alot of Day of Defeat up until about a week ago. Way too good at that game, get accused of cheating on almost every server I go too. :D

Maybe I'll try it again with the next version if they fix the Colt bug...

We could start a clan, call it [THR] :D :D :D :cool:

Skunkabilly
August 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
One of my former co-workers who is a Counter Strike junkie is enthralled with a Ruger p-90 in 9mm. He wants to buy one because it kills the best in Counter Strike. He honestly believes that what applies in his game has bearing on the real world.....

LOL...

I think in CounterStrike it's the FN P90, that 5.7 chattergun :D

WonderNine
August 15, 2003, 07:17 PM
Yea, that's what I was thinking. I remember back in beta 5.2 when the TMP was the kill all instant death wand, super accurate, high cyclic rate and no recoil. Now the programmers made it almost as worthless as the Glock 18.

Skunkabilly
August 15, 2003, 07:33 PM
TMP = The Hummingbird of Death? :D

boots
August 15, 2003, 11:14 PM
"headlines" on the jay leno show? totally awsome guns would fit right in that segment. someone who lives around that shop should take a picture of the store sign and send it in. actually, that would somehow provide some type of fuel for the antis, but damn that's funny...

anapex
August 15, 2003, 11:20 PM
Just as a quick plug for a DoD server, www.jarhedz.com is where I ONLY play for DoD. Great people for being a Irish/England based server. And feel free to come on over WonderNine, we can usually pick out cheaters very well ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "When role playing computer games and reality shouldn't mix..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!