bulgarian yellow tip 7.62x54r

PDA

pinstripe
March 22, 2008, 04:17 AM
Today I received my monthly allotment of ammunition. Included in this is some Bulgarian 54r yellow tip heavy ball. It was ordered from Wideners and arrived this morning. I opened up the can ( I do this because I ordered some ammunition awhile back and the lead that sealed the can had leaked and some of the ammo had signs of being wet at one time:eek:). I was surprised at the overall condition of the ammo. It is either a brass case or a brass washed case, and the bullet is a spitzer steel core. I cannot wait to get to the range and see what this stuff does. If it shoots as good as it looks, I think I will be happy:D. I really don't have any questions, I just was awake and bored and thought that I would see what I had come in this month. It looks as if this ammunition was made at factory #10 in 1955.
I need to get back in my gunroom and transfer my opened can of ammo into a .50 cal. ammo can and squirrel it away with the rest. Have a good day and thanks for letting me ramble.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "bulgarian yellow tip 7.62x54r" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kindrox
March 22, 2008, 08:06 AM
I always open the cans. Some of them do appear to have gotten wet inside.

If you enjoyed reading about "bulgarian yellow tip 7.62x54r" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!