Marlin 1895CB questions

PDA

scratchy wilson
March 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
When these were first introduced, did they have the rectangular bolt, or were they always the round bolt? Is one stronger than the other, or is it just cosmetic?

I glanced at a used one last weekend. Looked ok, had some 'pedestrian grade' scope with "see through" rings for $575. The jones is getting bad...:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 1895CB questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VA27
March 23, 2008, 12:49 AM
The 'modern' 1895 has always had a round bolt. The square bolt ones date from the 1800's, so the round bolt ones are the stronger.

$575 for a Cowboy sounds reasonable.

scratchy wilson
March 23, 2008, 12:04 PM
I snagged it. 1st thing I did was get that cheapbutt scope & rings off(to the previous owner: What were you thinking????)but everything else looks ok. Looks nice out there this am, think I'll take it for a spin in a few hours...

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 1895CB questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!