Anyone use Accu-Shot Monopods?

PDA

Conqueror
March 22, 2008, 09:42 PM
www.accu-shot.com

I hate lugging sandbags around, and a monopod attached to the stock appeals to me. I've seen other brands before that were fairly fragile and you were still supposed to lift the stock before firing. But these appear to be OK to leave in contact with the ground/bench upon firing. Seems like that would make for a very stable rifle.

But, before I go dropping a C-note on one, I figured I should seek opinions. Anyone got one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone use Accu-Shot Monopods?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aubie515
March 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
Accu shot works, but I still prefer rear bag over the accushot. It was a pain to deploy each time I wanted to use it, so I since sold the unit.

Conqueror
March 22, 2008, 10:19 PM
I found a thread on Snipers Hide about them, the consensus seems to be that either one is suitable. Some prefer one, some the other, some have both, etc.

rodregier
March 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
If you're going to shoot F-class competition, check the rules very carefully. My understanding is that they preclude use of any rear-mounted mechanical device "permanently" attached to the rear stock. i.e. only bags permitted.

Conqueror
March 22, 2008, 11:42 PM
No F-class for me, or even any formal competitions. This is the gun it would go on:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/paintballplayer700/Guns/IMGP0192.jpg

I'm leaning toward the monopod since squeezing a sandbag all afternoon waiting for a varmint to stand up gets tiresome.

garrett1955
March 23, 2008, 12:14 AM
I have a Mono-pod on my .50 bmg. Not an Accu-shot but I will be putting an accu-shot on my new savage .223. I love shooting from a monopod. Something I am just used to and found that I shoot very well with one. I like the accu-shot too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone use Accu-Shot Monopods?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!