Garand Match Sight Question

PDA

pccraig
March 23, 2008, 12:06 PM
I'd like to upgrade the rear sight on my shooter Garand and have one question. Does this rear sight fit into an existing assembly or do I need to replace that as well ?

Thanks

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=75098&stc=1&d=1206288201

If you enjoyed reading about "Garand Match Sight Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
30Cal
March 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
It will fit into either the NM/2A base or the standard GI base. Either way, it will probably need to be filed to fit. No other parts will need to be changed.

rcmodel
March 23, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hurry and go buy a March 31, 2008 Shotgun News while it is still on the news-stands.

There is more info on M-1 National Match sights & installing them then anyone really needs to know!

rcmodel

10X
March 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
The aperture will fit in the standard sight base. You don't need to change anything else.

If the aperture doesn't lower enough you may need to file and angle on the other end so it has more room to travel down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Garand Match Sight Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!