Wolf MC vs. Black Box

PDA

dispatch55126
March 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
What is the difference between the two. The only difference I see is the MC is 2 grains heavier and has a lacquered case, and its cheaper. I've also heard however, that you should stay away from lacquer as it'll eventually stick in your chamber.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf MC vs. Black Box" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kcmarine
March 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
What kind of gun are you using it in?

jdc1244
March 23, 2008, 02:41 PM
The spent shell from Wolf MC Iím looking at now does not appear to be lacquered Ė at least compared to the Barnaul case Iím comparing it to. The MC shell may have a light coat of something over the steel.

Lacquered shells are not a problem provided you clean the chamber well with a brush and solvent after each session. My Yugo and Russian SKSs function fine with lacquered shells after a good cleaning. My AK uses only MC and itís functioned perfectly after hundreds of rounds. The Barnaul and Brown Bear are used in the SKSs only. I donít mix the shell case types during a session.

dispatch55126
March 23, 2008, 03:53 PM
Its for my SKS

kcmarine
March 23, 2008, 06:37 PM
Don't worry TOO much about it then. I'm not sure if it's corrosive or not, though, so you might want to take that into account. In fact... I think that's the difference between the two types of ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf MC vs. Black Box" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!