Damascus

PDA

Sato Ord
March 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
Okay guys, I don't own this site I'm recommending. I don't get a nickel kickback from Steve, though I have known him for quite a while and he's a great guy, and his wife Kimmy is one of the sweetest ladies on the planet.

Most people are getting $75 to $125 and inch for a good Damascus blade: Steve's average price is about $25 - $50 an inch. He doesn't make his living off of making knives, it's just one of his passions.

Check him out at http://ironflower.com/index.htm

Sorry, I haven't got this forum all figured out yet and couldn't figure how to post that as a URL, just copy and paste it. If you like finely crafted Damascus it's a site worth visiting.

I own a four inch utility knife that I carry on my belt every where I go. It's good steel and does everything I expect a good utility knife to do. There's just something about using a wonderful tool like that that you know someone put a lot of care into hand making. It's the knife equivalent of wearing a Rolex.

I'm thinking seriously about having him make me a nice set of kitchen knives. I would love to have, made out of Damascus, a chef's knife, a nice utility knife, and big carving knife, and just because no one else has one - a Damascus meat fork:D.

I'll talk to him next week and get his thoughts on making some Damascus folding knives.

Edited: Okay, silly me, the URL posted that way automatically and it seems to work fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Damascus" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Damascus" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!