mosin M 10

PDA

porsche
March 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
has anyone run across a mosin m10? with all the russian srplus being released i thought one might be around but non of the ususal suspects seems to have one.

If you enjoyed reading about "mosin M 10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Acheron
March 24, 2008, 01:31 PM
What exactly is a M10? I've never seen or heard of a Mosin M10 before.

Any info/stats/pics would be helpful.

Cosmoline
March 24, 2008, 01:36 PM
You mean those Enfield knockoffs in .308? That's not a Mosin. Though the Finns made a number of Mosin-based sniper rifles in the 80's that I've never seen stateside.

porsche
March 24, 2008, 01:51 PM
i can give you a more detailed answer tomorrow, but from memory of what i was reading in a small arms of the world book last nite , russia adopted an m10 in 1910 which is the same caliber as the 1910 and the m38, m44. it was a bayonetless precurser to the m38...but it was not an m38. and it is called an m10. i had not heard of this before but am hardly knowledgable about russian arms. as an aside, i bought a m44 with a laminated stock, and it is a work of art. i was thinking of adding a m38 but the m10 caught my eye.

GD
March 24, 2008, 02:57 PM
There was a model 1907 Mosin carbine made up to WW1. I have it heard it referred to as a model 1910. Although quite a few were made, these are very rare and few have ever been imported. Your chances of finding one is very slim. I have only seen 2 in all my years of collecting and both were valued in the thousands of dollars.

Cosmoline
March 24, 2008, 03:07 PM
if you see one, let me know!!

porsche
March 24, 2008, 03:20 PM
thanks, gents. i searched on line and found nothing and was afraid that's what you might say. sounds like a very interesting collectible. :(

Cosmoline
March 24, 2008, 03:20 PM
The best bet on rare Mosins right now are the pre-war Finns. You can still find some on gunbroker but price is headed north fast.

Hoppy590
March 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
i remember reading some site on Mosins, and when the 1907 ( often erroneously called the 1910) was discussed, the term he used to describe its rarity was something like "i will sell my house, and you can have my wife" in exchange for the 1907.

Photo
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/russian/1910carbine.jpg

info
http://mosinnagant.net/USSR/M1907-Carbine.asp

porsche
March 24, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hoppy. my wife would have my head if i traded her for a rifle...any rifle. i do want to buy a mosin m38 with a laminated stock. i don't shoot these rifles. they are just for the history and looking at. but i want one in the best condition possible. i have bought from SOG and others; bought a nice m44 from AIM that really pleased me. anyone have recommendations of a source that is reputable and easy to deal with on a C&R?

If you enjoyed reading about "mosin M 10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!