Yugo SKS to the range

PDA

armoredman
March 24, 2008, 05:29 PM
The poor Yugo hasn't seen light of day for sometime now. With the Mini-14 going bye bye, I thought it time to ressurect the beast.
About 150 rounds went downrange this morning, in a wind so stiff it threatened to tear the cardboard off my target holder. The SKS performed as usual, flawlessly. Every round was a handload, and some shot well, others shot...poorly. Still easily making minute of felon accuracy.
I had forgotton how front heavy this thing is, but it was also nice to see all that weight made recoil almost non existant. Brass is a tumblin' away as I type.
Then a quick 40 rounds of 38 Special 140gr cast bullet handloads to finish off the day, ( excellent work, as usual, that revolver just doesn't miss), and off to the home front. I knew I was right to leave - bees started swarming in right as I started packing up. Some one was telling me to go home...
Ah, no matter if a windy, bee swarming day, ANY day at the range beats a day at work!

If you enjoyed reading about "Yugo SKS to the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Yugo SKS to the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!