Would you buy a Saiga Conversion??

PDA

Saiga39
March 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
I've been trying to resolve for sometime now whether I stay with the AK platform or switch to the AR. I know lots of people will recommend both and I understand all the reasonings but I have a limited budget so if i decided to make the move to the AR I would probably sell my Saiga conversion which brings me to my question.

I'm presuming that someone would purchase a Saiga that wasn't converted by a known AK builder.

So would you by a Saiga conversion from just a regular person or would you be more likely to pick one up a pre-converted one from Centerfire or Atlantic Firearms?

I might be 'stuck' with it which isn't a bad thing it would just change my plans.

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you buy a Saiga Conversion??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
azhunter12
March 24, 2008, 07:59 PM
I would have to see what kind of job you did. You could ask the true experts at forum.saiga-12.com though.

Saiga39
March 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
I actually didn't do it myself. A Saiga Forum member did it mostly for me.

But your point is that you would want to look it over real well before making a decision.

rangerruck
March 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
i wouldn't worry about it, those get sold by dudes, all the time...

nalioth
March 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
You have to go out of your way to screw up a basic Saiga conversion.

rbernie
March 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
You have to go out of your way to screw up a basic Saiga conversion.Pretty much so.

chupacabrah
March 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
Pics!

how much you want for it? ;)

MD_Willington
March 24, 2008, 09:54 PM
Sure, if I was allowed to...

SSN Vet
March 25, 2008, 12:30 PM
doubt you'll get your money out of it....

I'd hang on to it.

hey....if it ever really does hit the fan, you'll need to arm your family and friends.

you could even get your AR in 7.62x39 and stick with one common cartridge.

frankd4
March 25, 2008, 01:28 PM
I love my Saigas dollar for dollar the most bang for the buck, go to saiga12.com and every thing that you want to know is there people will help you through the process.

Saiga39
March 26, 2008, 10:17 AM
Well chupacabrah 's wanting to know how much caused me to realize that I'd really regret getting rid of the Saiga.

So I've pretty much decided on a compromise. I've been wanting a bolt action in .308 but I can't see having a gun I'd only use during deer season and I was wanting the AR for better accuracy so I'm thinking now a Saiga .308 would nicely meet both of the things I'm looking for.

Plus I already have a number of AK mounts and scopes that I've been trying out.

Thanks everyone!!

Anyone want a Stag lower???? :)

chupacabrah
March 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
darn, now I'll have to go with my original plan and buy my own in a couple of weeks :neener:

I don't think you'll regret your decision!

Coronach
March 26, 2008, 11:58 AM
It all depends on how well the conversion was done. If it was done proprly, the gun would be as good as or (probably) superior to anything that comes out of, say, Romania.

I'd want to see it, but the answer is probably "yes".

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you buy a Saiga Conversion??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!