And we now have a dedicated database server

PDA

Derek Zeanah
March 25, 2008, 06:50 PM
Things are up again. I hope they're not twitchy, but if they are we'll deal with it.

APS is *not* up because it went stupid on us and deleted its settings file rather than go into maintenance mode. Why? Ya got me, but I'm working on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "And we now have a dedicated database server" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BullfrogKen
March 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
Good news, Derek. Thanks for all the hard work you do.

Ken

Derek Zeanah
March 25, 2008, 07:01 PM
APS is back up now.

Ken - I just wish these things would go faster when I have to dig in and get my hands dirty... :D

JRG
March 25, 2008, 07:04 PM
I don't know what all this server this server that means, but I do know that when I click on something or reply to something or link to something, it always works and I know Derek is the reason why....so thanks man!!!!!!!

bogie
March 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
/upload hammer, type big honkin'

Phyphor
March 25, 2008, 07:30 PM
Yea, that's in subsection C of the manual of geekery, under the subsection entitled "percussive maintenence."

Derek Zeanah
March 25, 2008, 07:35 PM
It's a server folks, not a PRC-77. The dash-ten says nothing about a firm kick.

Regardless of how I happen to feel on any given night after being up for 20 hours. :D

Arkie
March 26, 2008, 12:10 AM
A big thanks to you Derek!!!

Derek Zeanah
March 26, 2008, 12:22 AM
No problem. Should be seeing faster page loads now too.

Mal H
March 26, 2008, 12:53 AM
Should be seeing faster page loads now too.Faster? Oh yeah, it's faster alright, it's smokin'! Like night and day.

An unscientific comparison shows about a 600% improvement over a week ago, and I'm not exagerating.

Thank you, Derek. Great work!

Bazooka Joe71
March 27, 2008, 02:27 AM
I hope they're not twitchy, but if they are we'll deal with it.

Good advice. LOL

THR is running AWESOME now...

It is so nice to be able to edit a post after seeing a stupid misspelling and not have to take a nap while it refreshes.:D

I wasn't guilty too often, but it is also nice not seeing quadruple taps as well.

ShunZu
March 27, 2008, 02:55 AM
Glad I saw this thread... I thought perhaps my cable provider had purchased more throughput. :)

Nice job. Thanks for all you do, Derek and the admins.

If you enjoyed reading about "And we now have a dedicated database server" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!