scrap booking

PDA

capbuster
January 12, 2003, 10:04 AM
Several years back I made it a habit of always carrying a camera to the firing range with me. A "kodak moment" would appear from time to time and I would snap upon it.The pictures added much to my hobby but like most pictures they found a home in a drawer at the house.Over the years my wifey has ventured into many "crafts". A few years back she was introduced to scrapbooking.As most of you know these books are just fancy photo albums which have a common theme.I have a shooting partner who was a paratrooper during WWII and he happen to be in some of my range pictures.After two years of procrastinating and with much help from my craftwife, I presented my friend with a scrapbook entitled "Mr. Paul".In truth, I didnt want to give it up. I plan to make one for myself in the near future. Fortunately I keep some notes on my range visits and I was able to incorporate the notes pertaining to my friend into the scrapbook. Scrapbooking is time consuming but you can assembly a personal history which is as accessable as your coffee table.

If you enjoyed reading about "scrap booking" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
January 12, 2003, 11:10 AM
Nice idea and historians and geneologists will love you. Me, I cover my tracks, burn my diplomas, write the schools and tell 'em I died (and sign my brother's name). I'm invisible! :D

jsalcedo
January 13, 2003, 01:44 AM
I thought that would be a good idea as well.

When I went to the range with my camera I was told
they were prohibited. no recording devices.

I guess I can understand why

MPFreeman
January 13, 2003, 02:15 AM
My wife does that too....big time

Justin
January 13, 2003, 02:19 AM
That's not a bad idea.

What would be really cool would be if you included some other stuff from the range visits, like the occasional paper target with lots of holes through the X ring.

If you enjoyed reading about "scrap booking" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!