Bren-style top-loading automatic rifle?

PDA

Owlnmole
March 27, 2008, 12:05 PM
I remember seeing somewhere a light machinegun or automatic rifle in 5.56mm that used Ar-15/M-16 magazines, top-loading and bottom-ejecting like a Bren gun. I don't mean the Stoner rifle that could do that as one one of several possible configurations, I think this was something cheap meant as a low-cost guerilla weapon.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bren-style top-loading automatic rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ian
March 27, 2008, 12:22 PM
The Robinson Arms M96 was available in that configuration...

kBob
March 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
TRW Low Maintenance RIfle Had a side feeding magazine and M-60 trigger group and appearently fired from an open bolt. SOme pictures of it were from the lower left quarter so the mag appears to be sticking out the top.

I have googled and asked everywhere and can find nothing on the TRW LMR except that it existed in proto type form. I believe it used a sort of baked on Dry Film Lubricant to keep it going. It did use M-16 mags.

Perhaps this is what you were thinking of.

-Bob Hollingsworth

Vaarok
March 28, 2008, 04:37 PM
Owen SMG, maybe?

Geronimo45
March 28, 2008, 05:09 PM
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as78-e.htm
Not good for lefties, methinks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bren-style top-loading automatic rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!