Stupid FNG question

PDA

jnyork
March 27, 2008, 04:03 PM
If I want to reply to a thread and quote a previous poster, how do I do it? I cant seem to find the "quote" button anywhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid FNG question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MakAttak
March 27, 2008, 04:05 PM
There isn't a qoute button. Copy/paste their post in your reply and then select all and click the speech bubble to the right on the reply.\

(Or precede it with [ QUOTE] and close with [ /QUOTE] only remove the space I put in so I wouldn't ACTUALLY quote this)

rcmodel
March 27, 2008, 04:07 PM
Third from the right above the text box you type the reply in.

Copy and paste what you want to quote. Then highlight it, and click the yellow text quote button.

rcmodel

searcher451
March 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
This link will clear up that and a number of other questions:

http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Mad Chemist
March 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
jnyork wrote: If I want to reply to a thread and quote a previous poster, how do I do it?
Like others have mentioned, highlight and copy the portion you wish to quote, paste it in your reply, highlight it again, and finally, press the button that looks like a speech bubble.

If you want to get fancy or avoid confusion you can attribute the quote manually.

There used to be a quote button here, people abused it. It was common to see multiple pages of text quoted with +1 being the only thing added by the one making the quote. This led to a significant waste of space, very little contribution to discussion, and seemed to encourage general laziness among some "constantly quoting" members.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid FNG question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!