100 Atr

PDA

BigCompetator
March 27, 2008, 05:18 PM
I own a 100 ATR and i noticed the trigger pull is a bit heavy. Does any one know the weight or if i can purchase an aftermarket trigger. The mossberg company said it is no adjustable.

If you enjoyed reading about "100 Atr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bartkowski
March 27, 2008, 05:20 PM
Did they say you can't adjust it or no one can. I would think a qualified gunsmith could lighten it and make it feel a whole lot nicer.

BigCompetator
March 27, 2008, 05:20 PM
I need some help with this problem.

BigCompetator
March 27, 2008, 05:21 PM
they just said its not adjustable.

Ash
March 27, 2008, 07:11 PM
The design is so close to the Howa/Weatherby design I think it may actually be the same. If so, it may be possible to replace it with a Howa-style trigger.

Ash

Smitty in CT
March 28, 2008, 12:23 AM
I have a 100ATR in .270, the trigger pull on mine is right at 4 lbs and is nice and crisp. In a perfect world, I'd like 2-1/2 - 3 lbs., no creep, and just a bit of over-travel. I only use the gun for hunting not target shooting.

Supposedly, the early triggers have the two adjustment "screws" (1 for travel (creep), 1 for pull weight), the only problem they don't have the slots in the ends, you have to cut them with a dremel. However, my gun is about 18 months old and mine does't have any adjustment screws.

I have a Rifle Basix trigger in my Remington 700, if they made one for the 100ATR, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "100 Atr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!