Petetion for reinstatement of a member

PDA

Avenger29
March 30, 2008, 07:33 PM
A longtime member of THR was recently banned for expressing his opinion that guns and pot don't mix, and someone who smokes pot should not be carrying a gun- he says he made it clear that he supports legalizing marijuana, and the right to bear arms, just that the two should not be mixed, just like handling weapons and drinking alcohol should not be done.

THis member is a very active contributor and an excellent forum member. I, and several others, believe he was banned unjustifiably. I would like a mod to contact me via PM (Neither the member banned nor I know which mod banned him) so we can discuss making things right in this case.

If you enjoyed reading about "Petetion for reinstatement of a member" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shootin' Buddy
March 30, 2008, 07:41 PM

Bigjake
March 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'd also like an explanation as to why this member was banned. I say more inflammatory, "insensitive" comments on a fairly regular basis, and yet I'm still here...

XavierBreath
March 30, 2008, 09:06 PM
Sorry folks. Bans at The High Road are permanent. There is no "petition for reinstatement" option.

The Staff does not ban lightly, and we do not discuss bans of one member with other members. Sorry.

If you want to know the member's side of the story, then contact the member in question. Just remember you may be seeing one side of a multi-faceted issue.

BullfrogKen
March 30, 2008, 10:36 PM
You can rest assured that bans of members with long tenures do not occur lightly. Nearly every ban issued is done with deliberation among the Staff.

Staff policy on THR is it's innappropriate to discuss the details of a ban with other members. If you know this person, discuss it with them. But as pointed out by my colleague, you might only hear one side of a multi-faceted issue. The Staff also has the ability to edit and completely delete particulary egregious or insensitive posts, so what is visible to the public often is the result of what got cleaned up.

BullfrogKen
March 31, 2008, 05:51 PM
The Staff has received a few PMs asking for reasons to justify the ban in question and appeals for re-instatement.

Reasons for any ban are not discussed with anyone other than that individual. The Staff is not in the business of publicly, or privately, maligning anyone's character, especially when they no longer have the ability to respond to the allegations. Our position is we don't provide those reasons to any person other than the individual in question. Those who know the member may ask him the reasons, and he is free to share as many details as he wishes. The banned member was contacted by Oleg directly, and those reasons were explained to him. Those reasons go beyond a simple expression of opinion, which is what this petition alludes was the reason.

If you enjoyed reading about "Petetion for reinstatement of a member" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!