Bought used ----?

PDA

evbutler462
March 31, 2008, 10:38 AM
To the moderators:

Two of us share the same computer since I don't have one at my house. I would like to post under my own username, retiredlawman. How do I go about doing this? Ebutler462 is sick and I use his computer a lot when over here visiting. He will not be posting much anymore due to his illness.

I have purchased his computer and need to change the username and password. I have been posting some with this computer and enjoy this forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought used ----?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hornet 6
March 31, 2008, 10:52 AM
The easy way would be to register a new account, in the name of your choice.

Neil.

distra
March 31, 2008, 10:53 AM
Click the "Logout" button at the top of the forum. Then sign in with your own username.

evbutler462
March 31, 2008, 11:02 AM
I tried what you said. Since I am using the same email address, it won't let me register. A message says that the email address is already in use. I would prefer not to have to jump through too many hoops and keep the same account with AOL.

Ev has been ill for quite some time with the big "C" and I spend more time at his place than I do mine.

The moderators might be able to change the member name to "retiredlawman". If not, I will post under Ev's name if it is not against forum rules.

41magsnub
March 31, 2008, 11:05 AM
Go register another e-mail account at gmail or hotmail for the purposes of this, then create the new THR account using that address..

akolleth
March 31, 2008, 12:02 PM
You need to have your own account here, you really shouldn't be posting under someone else's.

Just go over to Yahoo and register for a free email account. Then use that email to register here as a unique user.

ants
March 31, 2008, 12:50 PM
Give Ev our best regards. Tell him we're all pulling for him.

Do what the above members said about a free Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail address just for the purpose of registering your name here. After you register, you can ignore that free email if you don't want it.

Avenger29
March 31, 2008, 01:16 PM
Get a yahoo account- I use two email accounts (my college's web based email and yahoo), and I have a gmail account in reserve.

Robert Hairless
March 31, 2008, 02:40 PM
I've alerted the moderators to your question. One of them should swoop in, like Superman rescuing Metropolis, to lend you a hand as soon as possible.

sm
March 31, 2008, 02:49 PM
Well I alerted them also...

They cannot find the Superman Cape...

I am not sure whether to expect Staff to arrive riding fast horse with reins in teeth firing a lever action rifle , or someone dressed like Conan the Barbarian slinging swords.

I am hoping for the horse and rider with lever action myself...*smile*

Larry Ashcraft
March 31, 2008, 03:01 PM
Moving this to Tech Support. I thought you were asking about buying a used shotgun. ;)

sm
March 31, 2008, 03:04 PM
Cool!

We got the Staff riding a John Deere Tractor shooting a 870 in 28 gauge.

You don't get service like this from other Staff on other forums fer sure...

*grin*

Robert Hairless
March 31, 2008, 04:35 PM
They cannot find the Superman Cape...

Darn. I wanted to borrow it for the prom.

Yeah, I thought it was about buying a used shotgun too.

RetiredLawman
March 31, 2008, 04:36 PM
Made it, at last. I will give Ev your regards.

I will enjoy this forum as well as I do SGW. You guys are great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought used ----?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!