Saw this question at Packing.org

PDA

MLH
January 12, 2003, 11:59 AM
And thought it was pretty good.

Anybody know of a multiple ccw presence scenario where each was unaware of the other in a situation causing all ccw's involved to draw their guns? I read the post's regularly about the situations where obviously one ccw permit holder is involved. Rising numbers of permit holder's will cause (if it hasn't already happened) a scenario of 2 or more permit holder's to potentially draw and each not know the status of the other, BG or GG. One thing that might lend itself to identifying the other permit holder's (badges aside) would be that they would be drawing after the BG(s) had already initiated there stupidity. One would still not know for sure by not knowing how many BG's are involved. Just Curious.Train, practice and stay safe. By Kimber.45PT

What are your thoughts?:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Saw this question at Packing.org" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MitchSchaft
January 12, 2003, 12:56 PM
I would use common sence and get the heck outta Dodge unless it was pointed at me or my family :).

Topgun
January 12, 2003, 12:57 PM
oughta leave em both at home

gryphon
January 12, 2003, 01:03 PM
This might seem over simplistic, but if there are 2 people that do not know each other, adn they both draw and point at a potential BG, then I would guess that it might be a plain clothes/under cover police or a CCW holder such as yourself. As long as you don't start pointing at each other, then I guess that would be a good sign that there is someone else on your side.

pax
January 12, 2003, 05:39 PM
Some ten years ago, in Phoenix AZ, there was an incident wherein a goblin with mayhem on his mind crashed into the front of a diner .... exited his vehicle while screaming threats at all assembled.

No fewer than three citizens pulled weapons and held him until the police arrived.

Happened before I was paying attention to such things, or I'd have more data to give you as far as tracking it down...

pax

Hypnogator
January 12, 2003, 11:06 PM
When I was on active duty (Army CID) and used to fly armed, I occasionally would be introduced to another armed Fed on the flight. This was policy just to prevent any situation in which we might be forced to act without knowing there was another goodguy on board.

And then, there was the time when I caught the only available flight out of 'Vegas after the American Academy of Forensic Sciences annual meeting. The stewardess, after examining a lengthy list of names, just came on the intercom and said, "OK, will anyone who's not carrying a gun, please raise their hand? :D

Blackhawk
January 12, 2003, 11:48 PM
Why would a CHL holder be drawing without firing? If you've got the time and separation from the BG to be gawking around, seems like you're not quite yet justified in producing your hand cannon. If somebody else did draw against the BG, I'd figure he was a LEO and defer to him.

If you draw, you'd better have already made up your mind to shoot, IMO.

Now if it's a restaurant or library where a BG is roaming around firing at people, that's different, but the field of vision from under a booth, table, carpet, floor tile, desk, etc., is going to be severely limited.

Idaho
January 13, 2003, 12:50 AM
"OK, will anyone who's not carrying a gun, please raise their hand?
:D :D

As it should be, Hypnogator, as it should be.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saw this question at Packing.org" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!