Browser does not store username/password

PDA

Paul47
April 1, 2008, 03:15 AM
Sorry my first post is this lame one.

When I log into any forum, the first time I do it my browser (Seamonkey 1.0.8) pops up a window asking if I want to store the username and password in the browser database. For some reason it does not do so with THR.

I know I can just click the little box in the login area to stay logged in forever, but a year from now I may need to relogin due to some forum change and that will be impossible because I will have forgotten the password by then. I have had to refer to my stored password database in quite a few instances in the past.

FYI Seamonkey is the same code base as Firefox.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browser does not store username/password" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MMCSRET
April 1, 2008, 08:54 AM
I experienced the same thing this morning also for the last couple of days it has not been moving my reply up to the top of the list and I have to sign off and back on in order for my reply to show at all. I think it is probably me thats at the root of this sequence as I'm barely literate on this new fangled contraption

Mal H
April 1, 2008, 10:55 AM
Paul47 - I don't believe there is any vBulletin setting on THR that prevents your browser from asking to store a password or username. Maybe you said 'no' the first time it asked?

As for your statement, "I will have forgotten the password by then." I don't understand the reluctance of some to write down passwords and usernames for the various internet applications and websites they visit. If I didn't write them down (and store the list securely), I would have stopped using most of the sites long ago!

MMCSRET - did you try refreshing the screen before resorting to sign off/on? Depending on your browser, there is a tools setting that governs when pages are refreshed.

MMCSRET
April 1, 2008, 01:16 PM
MAL H. I am using an Apple IMAC and the Safari browser, It worked fine for me from the time I registered until approx 60 hours ago. Its not a big deal just took me by surprise when it happened.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browser does not store username/password" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!