Red dot on a cz carbine?

PDA

woof
April 2, 2008, 02:06 PM
I was reading the thread on red dots and it made me think of my cz carbine .223. I like the iron sights and have decided against a scope because I don't like the high mount and I don't want to have the bolt modified. Anyone try a red dot on a cz carbine? It would have to mount forward enough for the bolt to clear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Red dot on a cz carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alsaqr
April 2, 2008, 02:24 PM
I've tried red dot scopes on several guns, including rifles. The 3 (or more) moa dot obscures too much of the target at ranges over 100 yards.

IMO; a red dot scope on a CZ .223 is like truck tires on a Corvette.

rangerruck
April 2, 2008, 05:22 PM
Go with the scope, you will be much happier, otherwise, it would be like putting a baked crap pie, on a porsche. just use one mount, the front one, and get a short, shotgunner type scope, now you have scout style.

woof
April 2, 2008, 07:33 PM
Does just using one mount make a solid mount? I think I recall hearing about a rail for this carbine that fits the integral mounts and then accepts a forward mounted scope. Actually the scope I was thinking of is the Burris short mag 4x.

rangerruck
April 2, 2008, 10:09 PM
I have used only one mount before, even with long scopes; on a 223 rifle, with the low recoil, it would be no prob.

If you enjoyed reading about "Red dot on a cz carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!