Knight rifles - owner satisfaction poll

PDA

Rafter-S
August 12, 2003, 12:47 AM
Since I am getting zero response on my thread, "Semi-newbie needs advice on rifle and powder", let me ask a less general question:

Are there any Knight rifle owners out there? Are you satisfied with the accuracy of your rifle? And would you buy another one if you had it to do over again?

Thanks,
Rafter-S

If you enjoyed reading about "Knight rifles - owner satisfaction poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RevNate
August 12, 2003, 01:15 AM
Rafter,
Most of the discussion here seems to revolve around traditional blackpowder weapons. Perhaps that is why you have had no replies. Me- I just like guns of all types- anything that goes boom!

I have an older Knight LK-93 (Wolverine) and I have been very happy with it. For shooting yearling does and button bucks out of a food plot, you can't beat it :)

Of the three (knight, Omega, remington) you mentioned in your other post, I've only had experience with the knight. If money is a consideration, you can't hardly go wrong with the basic knight.

Powder? I still use Pyrodex powder. I think I must be ther only one still using it. There are some newer sulphur-free easy clean type products out there, but don't think that means you don't need to clean your gun.

The truth is- if you clean your gun properly, it won't matter whether you shoot a sidehammer or inline, use black powder of triple-7 pellets- they are all designed to do a job and do them well. I don't really see any inherent advantage or disadvantage in any of them. Just pick a firearm that fits you well, stuff the right amount of whatever you want to use in the barrel, and keep it clean as a whistle.

Nate

Lancel
August 12, 2003, 02:10 AM
Rafter-S:
I have a .50 cal American Knight. It was a great buy and I'm very happy with it.

Mine has the musket cap conversion and has a peep sight.

Although I haven't shot it for a while and don't remember it's exact group size, I do remember it has very good accuracy.

Unless I was in a state that didn't allow inlines for hunting then yes, I would get another Knight rifle. :)

Larry

Indigo22
August 20, 2003, 11:48 PM
I too just got a new/used BP inline. A TC Firehawk, Stainless Steel barrel and a thumbhole wood stock. I did the 209 primer conversion on it and added a 2.5-8x40 scope. I usualy hate scopes but I'll admit it , my eyes aren't what they used to be. I'm looking for the TC peep sight for that model as I like peep sights better. I have not had the opertunity to shoot it yet.I have to finish the addition on the house first.

August 21, 2003, 04:35 PM
Knight makes a excellent Muzzloader.

My biggest complaint is the the lock time.It seems to take forever compared to the remington 700ml and the savage 110ml2.

I have killed umteen does and bucks with my lk-93 that I bought back in the early 90's.It has never let me down.

I have a new stainless bk that I havent gotton to use yet but plan to maybe next season.

redneck2
September 1, 2003, 08:26 PM
one of the original "Black Knights" (dunno the exact model designation). Maybe 12-15 years old.

Pros...accurate, plenty accurate for deer. Lots of power (I use 300 grain Noslers in sabots). Always goes "bang" (assuming you clean the nipple well by firing some caps before loading). I've never had a problem.

Cons...it's a pain to clean, regardless of what the manual and/or video says. I used to use it during firearms season due to the extra range over a shotgun, but with the new high velocity slugs and rifled barrels, I use an 870 (lots more shots) If you do get a Knight, keep the breech plug WELL greased before re-installing and don't over-tighten. Just snugged well is enough.

I'd look real hard at some of the other ones that are out. There's a single shot break-open (Thompson maybe?) that cleans by just breaking open the barrel and screwing out the plug. There's getting to be a LOT of competition for the muzzle loader market and prices are pretty competitive.

If you haven't shot ML before, go to a store that knows what you need (not some little old lady at Wal-Mart) HTH

If you enjoyed reading about "Knight rifles - owner satisfaction poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!