iTrader

PDA

WildChild
April 4, 2008, 08:29 PM
Have you thought about using iTrader for this forum?

Since people are allowed to sell, buy, and trade. I think the iTrader mod would be very convenient for everyone.

iTrader (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102965)

Its just a idea... :)

If you enjoyed reading about "iTrader" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VHinch
April 4, 2008, 08:45 PM
iTrader is used on another forum that I frequent. It can be useful when and if used correctly, but from what I've seen, it appears to create a lot of "he said/she said" activity and consequently be a huge mod headache.

kingpin008
April 5, 2008, 12:03 AM
Since when are we having problems with the current system?

WildChild
April 5, 2008, 02:22 AM
There is nothing wrong with the current system. I was just asking if the people who are running the forum would take a look at the mod.

I just thought by using this mod, people who considering to buy or trade would get better background info on the person they are buying or trading with.

This mod is something similar to ebay.

Mal H
April 5, 2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info, WildChild. The mod looks pretty good, but we won't be installing it for the following reasons:

Our "Trading Post" forums are not the main attraction or even a minor reason for being of THR. We, the staff, tend to spend little time there. Adding a mod and maintaining it (assuming it is ported to each version of vb) is not something we want to add to our list of things to do.

The current system of adding a comment post in the "Rate Private ..." thread seems to work ok. Could it be better? Certainly, but does it need to be better, probably not.

If you enjoyed reading about "iTrader" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!