THR losing position on Google!

PDA

mossberg
April 5, 2008, 08:06 PM
I always access THR from Google. It used to be the first search result and is now way down the page. I'll have to favorite it I guess. I wonder why?

If you enjoyed reading about "THR losing position on Google!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Feud
April 5, 2008, 08:08 PM
What are you googling to find it?

average_shooter
April 5, 2008, 08:10 PM
I just googled: "the high road" (without quotes) and THR was first at the top of the results page. Are you using a different search term?

bogie
April 5, 2008, 08:10 PM
Probably either "paintball," "airsoft," or "video game" as of late...

mossberg
April 5, 2008, 08:11 PM
I just Google "thr" It was 3rd yesterday and today even further down the list. It used to be first, all under the search term "thr"

zxcvbob
April 5, 2008, 08:11 PM
"THR" (without the quotes) and press the "I'm feeling lucky" button and it goes right to the main page. At least it does for me...

mossberg
April 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
Really? It goes to hollywood reporter for me.

EDIT: It goes to hollywood reporter on www.google.com but to THR on www.google.ca

Interesting.

ReadyontheRight
April 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
the high road - no quotes - still pops up #1 for me.

Starship1st
April 5, 2008, 08:19 PM
I just have it as one of my favorites and I check it several times a day. "We don't need no stinken Googles!". :cool:

mossberg
April 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
Nice. Only several times a day though? I do it several half dozen times!

bannockburn
April 5, 2008, 08:25 PM
THR has always been at the top of my Favorites list. Starship1st has got it right: "Google...we don't need no stinkin' Google!"

rcmodel
April 5, 2008, 08:28 PM
Put a button on your browser links bar!

rcmodel

Bill2e
April 5, 2008, 08:48 PM
I always just type THR in google & it comes up on top of the pAGE

SG Merc
April 5, 2008, 08:59 PM
An abbreviation like "THR" is actually pretty irrelevant as far as being a Google keyword. For this site it would be more important to appear high on the list for terms like "gun forum".

Imagine that you don't know about this site, and are instead just searching for a new message board to join -- that's where you want The High Road to be listed high up.

(I do "search engine optimization" professionally, among other things related to creating websites).

absolute0
April 5, 2008, 09:03 PM
You could add it to your favourites and use that as a means or access, or you could just type it into the address bar of your browser, that works pretty good too...

never_retreat
April 5, 2008, 09:33 PM
Who did you guys ask you questions to BG?

(Before Google)

slzy
April 5, 2008, 09:36 PM
comes up the first TWO when i googled.

jnyork
April 5, 2008, 09:39 PM
I never even thought about using Google, just have it on "Favorites" list. Shows you how computer-illiterate I am! :rolleyes:

nc76
April 5, 2008, 09:47 PM
Why don't you just type www.thehighroad.org in your address bar or pull it up in your address bar history. If you know the website you don't need google:o

Cromlech
April 5, 2008, 10:07 PM
On both Firefox and Opera I have this place bookmarked.

hksw
April 5, 2008, 10:27 PM
Why doesn't everyone have it on their favorites list?

Macpherson
April 6, 2008, 12:05 AM
Why don't you just type www.thehighroad.org in your address bar or pull it up in your address bar history. If you know the website you don't need google

+1

Seriously folks, are we that computer illiterate that we have to make Google find the website for us? Either (A) add to favorites or (B) just type in "www.thehighroad.org"

See that wasn't so hard now was it :neener:

Monkeyleg
April 6, 2008, 12:28 AM
Google is going through one of its "dances" right now. Well-established sites are bouncing around in the search results, from position #1 to #30 to even lower.

Still, though, why do folks search for a site they already know?

Mal H
April 6, 2008, 02:01 AM
I couldn't find any question that might explain why this is in the Tech Support forum, but I do have a question of my own (which needs no answer), "Why the heck does anyone go through Google to get to THR?"

If you enjoyed reading about "THR losing position on Google!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!