CA Ammo

PDA

YoungGun
April 6, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hello

I live in CA and was wondering where I could buy Ammo in bulk? Seeing as I can't order ammo out of state, and have it shipped in to CA:banghead:. Anyone know where I can buy Ammo in bulk in CA for a reasonable price. The best I find so far is a box of 250 rounds of UMC 40 s&w at W-Mart for $75.

If you enjoyed reading about "CA Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jdorian
April 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
Walmart is probably your best bet, but you might be able to obtain ammo at reasonable prices if you happen to be traveling out of state for some reason such as a business trip or a driving vacation.

RobertFBurnett
April 6, 2008, 11:49 PM
Hi young gun, Wal-Mart has been the best for me so far. Why no out of state ammo? I have ordered ammo from Midwayusa several times.

RFB

P.S. Welcome to THR

deadbattery
April 7, 2008, 12:13 AM
where do you live in california that you cant order ammo in bulk?

I am in northern california and I order bulk ammo regularly

Quiet
April 7, 2008, 01:29 AM
There are some counties in CA, that ban online ammo sales.

YoungGun: Which county do you live in?

YoungGun
April 7, 2008, 01:57 AM
I'm in Sacramento. I did set up an account with Midwayusa and a right before i put in the rest of my info in a disclaimer popped up that said

"Federal, state, or local law prohibits us from sending the following item(s) to the shipping address you entered:

Your city or state law prohibits sending ammunition to your shipping address. If you are an Illinois resident, we accept FOID cards. For details, see www.midwayusa.com/foid
Please remove the item(s) from your Shopping Cart and begin the checkout process again, or close this window and try entering a different shipping address. NOTE: We cannot ship to a P.O. Box by UPS or send hazardous materials (e.g., aerosols, flammable liquids, loaded ammunition, primed brass, and etc.) by USPS."

CWL
April 7, 2008, 01:59 AM
I am not aware of any CA counties banning online ammunition sales. I've lived in CA all my life and buy about 99.99% of my ammo online (usually multiple case orders).

I'm not doubting you but please list the counties.

YoungGun
April 7, 2008, 02:04 AM
I called Midway and they said they didn't shipped to any major cities in CA. CWL where do you live in CA?

Hook686
April 7, 2008, 02:45 AM
Today, 06:31 PM #1
YoungGun

CA Ammo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I live in CA and was wondering where I could buy Ammo in bulk? Seeing as I can't order ammo out of state, and have it shipped in to CA ....

I'm not sure of the source of your information, but I buy my ammunition from midwayusa, Georgia-arms, grafs, Black Hills, Buffalo Bore .... If you have information I missed, please share. I live in the greater Sacramento area.

9mmepiphany
April 7, 2008, 03:24 AM
i've also ordered ammo on-line and also live in sacramento.

the only time i had a problem was when i ordered 5k rounds of 7.62x51mm from Century and the UPS guy wasn't happy about all the heavy boxes.

i think it's just a Midway thing...like CDNN won't ship certain guns (FN SLP shotgun) to CA

TAB
April 7, 2008, 03:43 AM
I live in sac county... I get atleast 1 bulk ammo shipment a year.( 3-5k rounds)

MarcusWendt
April 7, 2008, 12:57 PM
I buy from Midway all the time. They've never given me crap about living in CA. Maybe you entered the zip code wrong?

Quiet
April 7, 2008, 04:37 PM
No online ammo sales to Yolo and Napa counties.
No online ammo sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland and San Francisco.

CWL
April 7, 2008, 08:31 PM
I live in Silicon Valley, I've had ammo sent to San Mateo, Redwood City, San Jose, Fremont. Usually by the case. I buy from Midways but not my ammo.

I buy from www.ammoman.com

Quiet, please provide county and city links for the online ammo ban, I am unable to find them on Findlaw.

CountGlockula
April 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
Not a ban, but you have to obtain a permit to buy ammo.

http://www.crpa.org/showpages.aspx?pid=1398

To: All Media
For Immediate Release
April 4, 2008

For additional information contact:
Ted Novin
(203) 426 – 1320 (o)
(202) 253 – 1860 (c)

California Firearms Retailers Launch Ad Campaign Opposing Ammunition Registration Bill

NEWTOWN, Conn. – The California Association of Firearms Retailers (CAFR) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) – the trade association of the firearms and ammunition industry – have launched an advertising campaign in opposition to AB 2062, legislation that would fingerprint and register all purchasers of ammunition in the Golden State.

The 30-second radio spot, playing on stations throughout California, details the many obstacles that retailers and purchasers of ammunition would face should AB 2062 become law.

“Assembly bill 2062 would require handgun owners to have a permit to buy ammunition and would oblige retailers to send every purchaser’s personal data (including fingerprints) to the state,” warns the ad. The ad goes on to encourage listeners to visit the NSSF Web site for additional information on how to combat the bill.

The CAFR and NSSF have made defeating AB 2062 a top priority in the state. “In addition to launching our radio ad, CAFR and NSSF have issued a legislative alert in the state and distributed a petition opposing the legislation to all firearms retailers in California,” said Marc Halcon, president of the CAFR. “We’re encouraging all sportsmen, gun-owners and firearms enthusiasts to visit their local retailer and sign on to defeat this ill-conceived bill.”

###

Formed in 1961, the National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®) is the trade association for the firearms and recreational shooting sports industry. NSSF's mission is to provide trusted leadership in addressing industry challenges and delivering programs and services to meet the identified needs of its members by measurably advancing participation in and understanding of hunting and the shooting sports. For more information, visit www.nssf.org.

*** CRPA ***

CWL
April 7, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm aware of AB2062, but that has not passed (thankfully).

I am more interested in cases of CA locations banning online purchasing of ammunition.

YoungGun
April 8, 2008, 02:15 AM
I’m waiting for a phone call back from the Sacramento PD to find out what the deal is here, seeing as I can’t find to much about this issue online or the DOJ website. So far this is what I found out from some of the other forums out there (Take it with a grain a salt);). If you live in Sacramento County you are able to buy ammunition from out of state dealers. For example if you live in Citrus Height, Elk Grove, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, you are fine. However if you live in the Sacramento city limits (ME) you are not able to buy ammunition from out of state dealers. Now I’m not to sure how this seems to work out, but I am planning on asking the officer when he calls. But ether way I work outside of the city limit so I can order all the ammunition I’d like to my work.;)

lechiffre
April 8, 2008, 02:15 AM
how about phone order or mail order ?

CWL
April 8, 2008, 03:02 AM
Is this something a local Sacramento gun salesman told you?

I'm ready to call "shennanigans" unless someone shows me real proof.

9mmepiphany
April 8, 2008, 03:12 AM
something a local Sacramento gun salesman told you
i think he started the thread by saying that Midway declined to sell him ammo on=line

CWL
April 8, 2008, 03:18 AM
I still suggest trying www.ammoman.com. Been buying from Eric for at least 10 years into California.

If you enjoyed reading about "CA Ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!