pics.

PDA

Corey ACP
April 9, 2008, 03:45 PM
After years of no problems at all, now I cannot seem to view the pictures posted in some threads. If there something I have to enable or turn on in my system to be able to view these?
Thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "pics." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
April 9, 2008, 04:12 PM
What are the symptoms? Are you getting a Red-X box or are you getting a colorful little icon in place of a photo?

Which browser are you using?

Corey ACP
April 9, 2008, 05:49 PM
I get no display other than the text. I see no pictures or red-X or anything to indicate there is a photo other than others comments about the item displayed
This system uses the microsoft internet explorer browser
Thanks,

prism
April 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
how about a link to a post where you cannot see the pics.....

Justin
April 11, 2008, 11:57 PM
Once upon a time, I somehow managed to disable displaying images for one particular website. I don't know how I did it, but I ended up finding out that there was a setting buried deep Firefox that allowed me to re-enable image display. You might check and see if IE has something similar.

Mal H
April 12, 2008, 02:20 AM
Right you are, but if images are disabled in both Firefox and IE, you will see a small icon indicating an image is present but not visible. That was the basis for the "small colorful icon" question. (In IE, the switch is in Tools->Advanced->Media.)

Corey doesn't seem to be getting anything which rules out the image switch.

Again, Corey, a link to a faulty post would help.

Corey ACP
April 14, 2008, 03:15 PM
First thanks to those who took the time to reply. I finally had my brother come down and do his voodo to the system and now all is well. I don't know the technical things he did but he said one of the settings was set too High?, too much security? something like that. Anyway, I am now able to see the images that have been posted.
thanks again,
Corey

Mal H
April 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ah ha! That makes sense. You probably had Tools->Internet Options->Security level set too high. That would prevent a lot of stuff from filtering through. Medium is usually sufficient.

If you enjoyed reading about "pics." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!