Getting spam from new user einstein2

PDA

philbo
April 9, 2008, 04:47 PM
I'm getting spam in my THR mail on the forum from some new user named einstein2 This is unsolicitated, and this new user has no posts. I suspect a spam bot or something similar

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting spam from new user einstein2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
April 9, 2008, 04:50 PM
What is the nature of the spam? Would you post it here with your info redacted?

Larryect
April 9, 2008, 05:13 PM
I got it too. This is what I was sent:

einstein2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
einstein
http://www.freewebs.com/stein2

JShirley
April 10, 2008, 01:04 AM
Buddhist spam?

As a Buddhist, I apologize.

WayneConrad
April 10, 2008, 01:53 AM
A proselytizing Buddhist? More likely fire that does not burn, or a congressman that does not spend money. :)

Arkie
April 10, 2008, 08:48 AM
I got the same one but not here, on another forum that's not even gun related and I have a different ID.

Larryect
April 10, 2008, 11:55 AM
I certainly did not blame the Buddhists.

buzz_knox
April 10, 2008, 11:57 AM
That kind of spam has gone out before. I guess the spammer got back around to THR.

comet66
April 10, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yep, me to, got the same one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting spam from new user einstein2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!