How to import guns from So.America?

PDA

Lovesbeer99
April 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
I have family in Brazil who has a few guns, some of which were my grandfathers, who want to send them to me. I checked with the ATF and they state that I don't need to import them under any special law. I should just follow the customs laws for shipping, local laws (no hi-cap mag in NJ) and ship them to an ffl for processing.

Can anyone provide any information on this? I'd really like to have my grandfathers rifles and handguns. From what my mom tells me he was an avid hunter and had 1 rifle custom made in spain many years ago.

Thanks in advance and shoot safe, I do.

Lovesbeer99

If you enjoyed reading about "How to import guns from So.America?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fisherman_48768
April 10, 2008, 08:50 AM
Call that person back and get it in writing. Otherwise you need to fill out an ATF Form 6, then get it approved by ATF. The sending party will probably need an export permit from their country and a copy of the ATF form 6. Once the paperwork is done the gun will have to be shipped to a FFL dealer in the US, then more paperwork for the ATF and possibly your state. Frustrating but it can be done.

Lovesbeer99
April 11, 2008, 08:46 AM
I'll check it out. Thanks
Lovesbeer99

If you enjoyed reading about "How to import guns from So.America?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!