cz52

PDA

Fat Boy
April 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
I finally got to shoot a cz52 today- I was pleased with it, to say the least.

Handling - a little wierd; I took me a bit to figure out how to place my index finger on the trigger, given the way the grip fit my hand. But, after a couple of magazines, I was handling/shooting it it easily

Accuracy - I had to look for the front sight, but when I found it the accuracy was pretty decent.

Fun - right up there on the charts...No one would mistake this gun for a high-end 1911 platform gun, but it is a great, inexpensive way to shoot an autoloader.

I would recommend this gun, especially for shooters on a budget.

If you enjoyed reading about "cz52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dgray64
April 10, 2008, 07:03 PM
You're right, CZ52s are fun! They are accurate and unique in the way they operate. Their ballistics are great as well. Check this site and see what that pistol will do:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot29.htm

Dave :neener:

Chipperman
April 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
Neat guns, just beware of the decocker. Some of them will let a round fly when decocked. :uhoh:

woad_yurt
April 11, 2008, 09:08 AM
If you want to tweak it a bit, go for the Harrington HD firing pin and trigger kit. It makes a nice improvement and you don't need to wonder when & where your firing pin will break.

woad_yurt
April 11, 2008, 09:12 AM
Another thing: Crimp the corners of the magazine bottoms so they can't slide of when you're shooting. Every one did it to me until I started crimping them. If you shoot outdoors and don't crimp 'em, pretty soon you'll becrawling around in the grass looking for a mag spring. Don't ask me how I know....

BattleChimp Potemkin
April 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
Check out brassfetcher's site online for ballistics gel testing of the Tok round. Pretty neat. Ive been handloading it for a while, you can have some fun (but like many things) I have yet to get it up to the factory specs (Bulgarian, not S&B). I can get it close, but no dice. Neat thing: Speers .308 125gr. SJHP for .30-30, looks neat, is accurate and should be a real ripper in performance :D.

Once you handload for the Tok, you will never go back (money issues pending). The accuracy gets better almost 10x with handloading.

Keeterbird
April 11, 2008, 09:43 AM
You'll love the 52. I do. Glad that you are happy with it. I have shot about three cans of the surplus. Had some problems early, replaced the main spring and have had not problems since. Might get one the 16lb one. That makes the shooting great.

enjoy

If you enjoyed reading about "cz52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!