Taurus 100

PDA

skytter
April 10, 2008, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know much about the Taurus 100? I believe it is a copy of the Beretta 96. How does it compare with the Beretta?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 100" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rlgreen
April 10, 2008, 09:54 PM
don't own one, don't know. do know taurus bought berretta's factory, machines, die, as-built drawings, employees and all in the 80's. should be pretty darn close.

Pumpkinheaver
April 10, 2008, 11:36 PM
I owned one several years ago. It fed everything I tried in it with complete reliability. It was pretty accurate to, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Moonclip
April 12, 2008, 05:32 PM
I've been looking for a deal on a PT100 or 101 for a while now.

wally
April 12, 2008, 06:44 PM
I have a Beretta 96 Steel-1 and a Taurus PT-100. The Beretta is extremely nice, but when it gets down to the shooting certainly not 3X better. I shoot the Taurus a lot more often as I don't worry about messing up its finish.

--wally.

bannockburn
April 12, 2008, 08:35 PM
skyter

A buddy of mine had one a while back. While it was a reliable and trouble free pistol, it did have a problem with the sights. For whatever reason, the gun had a definite tendency to shoot really low, regardless of the type of ammo being used. It did this consistently for everyone who shot it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 100" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!