Question: Reference confiscation of guns

PDA

moewadle
April 10, 2008, 10:32 PM
in New Orleans after Katrina. I should know but do not. Is there now a federal law that was passed that should keep authorities from confiscating guns like they did after Katrina? It seems as if I heard there is. Please clarify.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question: Reference confiscation of guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EricTheBarbarian
April 10, 2008, 10:52 PM
i don't know the exact nomenclature for the law, but I do know there was a law passed to keep that from happening again. Im sure using the search function will turn up an old thread talking about it.

Interesting thing is, stealing guns from citizens wasn't legal before, but they did it anyway. The law doesn't keep them from doing anything if they ignore it.

claytonfaulkner
April 10, 2008, 11:47 PM
would that not fall under unreasonable searches and seizures? and how has no one fill a lawsuit

sailortoo
April 10, 2008, 11:57 PM
It was much more than "unreasonable searches and seizures". If available, you should read the book "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab" (I hope I got that right - my copy being passed around, currently to the City Manager of my town). And yes, there is a lawsuit brought by GOA and NRA and possibly others. A little hard to swallow that this actually happened in the USA. :fire:
sailortoo

claytonfaulkner
April 11, 2008, 12:17 AM
by "unreasonable search and seizure" i was talkin about the 4th amendment

If you enjoyed reading about "Question: Reference confiscation of guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!