How many posts before member status changes?

PDA

JohnnyOrygun
April 11, 2008, 11:50 PM
I am sure this question has been asked before or is probably posted somewhere but I can't find it. So here goes: How many posts does a new member have to post before he is no longer a "New Member" and how many are required for "Senior Member" status, I am just curious so I had to ask.

I know the old saying, "Curiosity killed the cat", well my Dad had added to that saying and I like his version better, "Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back"

Thanks for this great site.

If you enjoyed reading about "How many posts before member status changes?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
April 12, 2008, 12:08 AM
I seem to recall that the threshold to senior member was 100 posts.

Mal H
April 12, 2008, 01:15 AM
Correct ... and 30 to go from New Member to Member. Just remember it's only a name reflecting a number, not a status symbol at all.

JohnnyOrygun
April 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the answer, I was just curious and it kept coming to mind so I wanted to ask. I will be the first to say that I know very very little, especially in comparison to some of the firearms gurus on THR. I really learn a lot from the different forums and all of the knowledge that is present here.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

John.

XavierBreath
April 12, 2008, 01:55 PM
Sometimes I think we need to implement "forum newcomer" "been here a while" "about to get fired" and "old as dirt" for member status.

Be aware that some very long standing members have low post counts and some folks become a "senior member" in a matter of days. It's all about consistently good post content, not volume.

meef
April 12, 2008, 03:13 PM
Sometimes I think we need to implement "forum newcomer" "been here a while" "about to get fired" and "old as dirt" for member status.:scrutiny:

Old as dirt?

Pshaw! That's nothing.

I remember back when they invented dirt.

:cool:

Mal H
April 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
Dirt? You had dirt?

Why - - back in my day, all we had was rocks, and only big rocks at that. They hadn't had time to make small rocks, much less dirt!

VHinch
April 12, 2008, 04:19 PM
Be aware that some very long standing members have low post counts

<Raises hand>

I've been here pretty much since the lights came on, and my post count is still less than 300. I only post when I actually have something I think is worth saying, thereby keeping my signal to noise ration appropriate. On the other hand, if everyone was like me, this would be a slow, boring board.

Battlespace
April 12, 2008, 06:03 PM
I've been here pretty much since the lights came on, and my post count is still less than 300. I only post when I actually have something I think is worth saying, thereby keeping my signal to noise ration appropriate. On the other hand, if everyone was like me, this would be a slow, boring board.We happen to have the same number of posts and you beat me on age by about 18 months. Yep, don't say anything unless you have something to say.

ArfinGreebly
April 13, 2008, 12:52 AM
*Sigh*

Yeah.

Some of us speak up when we think we have something to say, only to find out later we were mistaken.

Sadly, I often don't figure out I have nothing to say until after I've said it.

JShirley
April 14, 2008, 02:35 PM
So...what are you saying? ;)

Avenger29
April 14, 2008, 03:38 PM
Why - - back in my day, all we had was rocks, and only big rocks at that. They hadn't had time to make small rocks, much less dirt!

AND WE LIKED IT!

You whippersnappers don't know how easy you've got it, with dirt everywhere and in so many types. Beach sand! Sandbox Sand! Red Clay! Regular old brown dirt!

BryanP
April 14, 2008, 04:09 PM

Hah! You kids are spoiled! I had to blow on the lava to make my own rocks!

zxcvbob
April 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
You had lava?

hso
April 14, 2008, 04:21 PM

Pfffft! I remember timing the cosmegg for supper! And that's all we had to eat until the Big Bang made the elements for your silly rock! Ohhhh, rock would have been a delight and sand, well sand, would have been a luxury unimaginable to me Mum and Da.

Mal H
April 14, 2008, 04:25 PM
Stop! No more entries!

We have a winner! hso - you be olllllllllld!

:D

Warren
April 14, 2008, 05:06 PM
Be aware that some very long standing members have low post counts and some folks become a "senior member" in a matter of days. It's all about consistently good post content, not volume.

+1

scrat
April 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
True very very true. Some people have a lot to say when no one wants to listen. You have to know what to say and when to say it. The best conversations are the ones that did not happen.

Nightwing
April 14, 2008, 09:56 PM
Member titles mean nothing. only the content of your posts. Post worth while things, and you'll fit in a lot quicker than someone with a title "senior member" or a guy with a big post count next to his name.

If you enjoyed reading about "How many posts before member status changes?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!