search not working

PDA

possom813
April 12, 2008, 10:16 AM
I try to search in individual subforums as well as the overall search and I keep getting a message of the search term is not 3 words or more please try again.

I'm trying to search "how to sight in a rifle"

Any help???:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "search not working" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
April 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
I just tried it with quotes, without quotes, and with the quotes surrounded by single quotes and got 290 pages of hits each time.

Derek Zeanah
April 12, 2008, 11:24 AM
Actually that last post was a bit dismissive.

Is anyone else running into this problem? I enabled boolean searching for regular users recently which should make searches more accurate (at the cost of increased work on the server), and it's possible this broke something (or made search work differently enough that it looks broken).

Can someone without admin/moderator powers try searching for the terms listed above?

fixyurgun
April 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
Without quotes ,it says search terms too short. Jim

possom813
April 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
Not a problem, I have to get some sleep sometime today, but I thought I'd copy the screen for ya. I don't know if it helps, but I just learned how to do the print screen thing and am thoroughly enjoying it.

edit:The search below was "how to sight in a rifle"

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/possom75110/untitled.jpg

possom813
April 12, 2008, 12:01 PM
On another note, I just tried it "how sight rifle" and it turned up some results.

-John

Derek Zeanah
April 12, 2008, 12:31 PM
Well, I won't spend a ton of time on this anyway. Gonna try and tweak search a bit this weekend, which will allow searches of 2 letter words and up but might require hours of downtime.

If you enjoyed reading about "search not working" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!