Hi-Power

PDA

kamagong
April 12, 2008, 05:33 PM
I stopped by a local gunshow this morning to help my cousin shop for a shotgun. While there I found a new FN Hi-Power in matte black with fixed sights. I'm a 1911 shooter, but I've been thinking of getting a 9mm for my fiancee to shoot while I'm at the range (yeah right, we all know it's really for me). The Hi-Power felt good in my hand, not as good as a 1911, but as good as anything else out there.

What's a good price for a new Hi-Power? This one was priced at $575. I'm here in CA if that helps anything.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi-Power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RickH
April 12, 2008, 06:50 PM
I am not sure how the California laws affect price. You might be able to find one a little cheaper online-but I don't know if these pistols can be shipped into CA? If it is new I don't think it is a terrible price, good price if it has adjustable sights. You can always try and haggle.
If you get it I have had good luck with mecgar 15 round and KRD 17 round magazines. The 15 rounders fit flush, the 17 rounders stick out less than half an inch.

Quiet
April 12, 2008, 07:28 PM
$575 is a good price for a NIB FN Hi-Power.

bannockburn
April 12, 2008, 08:08 PM
kamagong

That's a great price for a NIB Hi-Power; I'd definitely put some money down on that while it's still available.

UnTainted
April 12, 2008, 08:13 PM
My wife loves shooting my hi-power. Very accurate guns!!! Been 100% reliable for me too.

Tribal
April 12, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'd jump on that. Maybe you'll find it cheaper, but I think the odds are that you'll tend to find them going for more.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi-Power" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!