CC'ing SBR Nagant?

PDA

Cmdr. Gravez0r
April 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
What do you think?

If you enjoyed reading about "CC'ing SBR Nagant?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Avenger29
April 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
One shot, and you'll BBQ your opponent. Don't forget the bayonet for a shiskabob.

Of course, you'll be deaf.

bogie
April 12, 2008, 09:58 PM
Oh, why...

Acheron
April 12, 2008, 10:46 PM
I don't know...I love Mosins for all that they are, ever were, or ever will be. I just don't think that a Mosin makes even a halfway decent CCW.

But the fireball sure would be impressive! :D

Eric F
April 12, 2008, 10:47 PM
***? dont you have somthing better to carry?

Tribal
April 12, 2008, 11:20 PM
Is it legal in your state? I don't think it would be over here.

That said, I've CC'ed a PLR-16 just because I can.

Cosmoline
April 12, 2008, 11:36 PM
Just download the rounds to .30-30 level.

Ukraine Train
April 12, 2008, 11:38 PM
I saw this at the Holocaust Memorial in Israel. I believe it was used during the Warsaw Uprising. With a bent bolt handle it could actually be pretty easy to hide under a coat or down the pant leg... not that I would.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/UkraineTrain/random/PC310410.jpg

Animal Mother
April 13, 2008, 02:28 AM
Even forgoing the $200 SBR tax stamp, it would actually be cheaper to buy a Nagant revolver and simply CC that instead. If you include the cost of the tax stamp, then there is almost no limit to number of CCW capable handguns that would be a better choice than a SBR Mosin. Remember, you always want to pick the right tool for the job. You wouldn't use a screwdriver to chop down a tree any more than you'd use an axe to drive some screws.

BTW that's a neat sawed off Mosin.

Guitargod1985
April 13, 2008, 03:37 AM
IF it's "legal" in your jurisdiction, go ahead.

I just hope you don't need a follow up shot. And I hope the jury will understand why you were carrying a super evil extra-lethal "sawed-off assault rifle."

I'll stick with a pistol. It won't set an assailant on fire from six feet away, but it's adequate.

PTK
April 13, 2008, 03:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFsUvh078I

That's my SBR 91/30. I wouldn't ever carry it, though.

Just download the rounds to .30-30 level.

Better yet, use light ball. Works like a charm.

That said, I've CC'ed a PLR-16 just because I can.

So have I, but only on the way to the range so far.

Guitargod1985
April 13, 2008, 03:44 AM
There's PTK's SBR Mosin again!

What's with all these Mosin SBR threads lately? Now I want one - make it stop!!

SomeKid
April 13, 2008, 04:22 AM
PTK,

Shoot one handed.

PTK
April 13, 2008, 04:29 AM
SomeKid

You first. :D

Tribal
April 13, 2008, 04:30 AM
PTK,

Did you decide to get the short Mosin on your own, or is there any chance it was meant as a copy of the one in the museum case above? I can imagine that if someone had relatives involved in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising it might be done for sentimental reasons.

PTK
April 13, 2008, 04:53 AM
Tribal

It was a copy in the spirit of the obreyz style the Jews and Russians used in resisting tyrants and in many cases being plain old thugs.

Dionysusigma
April 13, 2008, 07:26 AM
SomeKid: Shoot one handed.
Tried that with a couple of similar rifles--a Yugo M48 and an M1903A3. Couldn't really aim 'em because of the weight, but the recoil wasn't too bad. :)

Cromlech
April 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. :D

Mr White
April 13, 2008, 08:44 AM
You're nuts! Besides, wouldn't a flamethrower be considered a Destructive Device?

Maybe a Nagant revolver, but even that wouldn't be and ideal CCW. But a sawed off MN???

Dionysusigma
April 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
There are no laws on flamethrowers.

Apple a Day
April 13, 2008, 08:58 AM
:what::eek::D:D Awesome!!!

Carl N. Brown
April 13, 2008, 09:15 AM
Emphatic NO!

Local Tennessee police used to have displays of confiscated crime weapons.

I "toured" the Texas Dept of Public Safety website where they posted pictures of their crime weapons wall.

Many TN & TX confiscated crime guns were sawed-off shotguns and rifles
(there were a lot of .22 singleshots styled like "pirate pistols".)

A cop responding to a crime scene "shots fired" seeing a SBR is going to link that image to crime gun immediately. TN cops expect a Tennesse Handgun Carry Permit holder or TX cops expect a Texas Concealed Handgun License Holder to carry a handgun similar to what a cop would carry. Sawed-off anything, including a Universal Enforcer pistol, is going to scream bad guy.

A SBR Mosin-Nagant would make a great collectors item as a representative of a historic arm (guerrilla resistence to the Nazis) and I would not mind adding one and a Filipino "slam bang" to my collection. I would not conceal carry either.

hso
April 13, 2008, 09:20 AM
:scrutiny:
:uhoh:
:rolleyes:

doc2rn
April 13, 2008, 10:29 AM
Third one I have seen this year.
Your money do as you please but be safe.

Cmdr. Gravez0r
April 13, 2008, 02:47 PM
Third one I have seen this year.
Your money do as you please but be safe.

This was merely the logical extension of the "CC AK Pistol" thread. I mean, if you're gonna do something do it right. And why stop there?

:D

mgregg85
April 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
I'd never CC a obryez. Too little capacity my friend, cut yourself down an SMLE and then at least you have ten rounds.

SomeKid
April 14, 2008, 02:29 AM
If you bring it over to me, I will do it first.

PTK
April 14, 2008, 02:30 AM
SomeKid

If you're ever in the Denver, CO area give me a PM or e-mail, we'll get together. I'll bring the 91/30, ammo, video camera, targets, ear/eye protection, and pain killers. :D

Clipper
April 14, 2008, 09:02 AM
My permit says 'Concealed Pistol license'. SBRs would be illegal for CC here...

chris in va
April 14, 2008, 09:09 AM
Consider me educated. I wasn't aware you could cut down a Mosin like that.

Gotta show this to my Russian friend.

Avenger29
April 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'd never CC a obryez. Too little capacity my friend, cut yourself down an SMLE and then at least you have ten rounds.

Stay away from innocent milsurps!

hankdatank1362
April 14, 2008, 12:01 PM
This is one part (of many) of NFA weapons that I never understood.

You had to SBR it, even though you shaved the stock off? It's a pistol now! Did you have to stamp it because it started it's life originally as a rifle?

SomeKid
April 14, 2008, 03:31 PM

Once a rifle, always a rifle.

PTK, I always wanted to avoid that city (and Boulder), but now, you tempt me. Oh do you ever tempt me so.

hankdatank1362
April 14, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanx. Stupid ATF.

Carl N. Brown
April 15, 2008, 07:42 AM
The rational of blocking making a rifle (less restricted) into a pistol (more restricted), is to keep folks barred by law fron having pistols evading the law by sawing off rifles or shotguns.

Logically, a person who can legally own a pistol should be able to legally own an SBR, but I guess the operant word there is logically.

Essex County
April 15, 2008, 03:04 PM
Please tell me this is thread is a "toungue in cheek" thread......Essex

If you enjoyed reading about "CC'ing SBR Nagant?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!