Obamaspeak

PDA

AtticusThraxx
April 13, 2008, 10:38 AM
Dude wants to be our president:

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Quoted by an unamed source at private fundraiser in California last Sunday and reported by Huffington Post.

Clearly he does not hold the average American in high esteem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obamaspeak" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
beaucoup ammo
April 13, 2008, 10:43 AM
None of the candidates have an understanding of what's going on in the real world. Not 1 of them. Detached and insulated, I doubt seriously any of the Big Three understand the real need of CCW here on the streets. McCain might have had an understanding at one time..but the lure of high office and the people around you can dissolve that quickly.

El Tejon
April 13, 2008, 10:44 AM
Maybe so, but I don't think we are allowed to talk about this here?:uhoh:

beaucoup ammo
April 13, 2008, 10:46 AM
You're right! I tried to keep it gun related with the CCW remark..busted!

yokel
April 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
His jaded, arrogant, and caddish remarks are a reflection of a greater societal affliction, the root problems of which need to be identified and treated. The man's problem is only a symptom of this affliction; if we searched for its cause, wed realize that many others are implicated.

WayneConrad
April 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
Obama doesn't like guns? Who woulda thunk it.

rocinante
April 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
He is catching a lot of flak on instapundit.com, drudgereport.com and digg.com on this remark. There is also a controversy brewing where they made a campaign worker quit when she called two of her black neighbor kids monkeys when they were climbing in her magnolia tree. Add this to the wright, che flag in Houston.

I still will register no shock if he rides all the way to the White House but he is the biggest sham ever. The emperor has no clothes people. He reminds me so much of those get rich commercials that flashes hot chicks, cars, houses but never mentions how the plan works except to call an 1-800 number. I never do.

The Lone Haranguer
April 13, 2008, 11:13 AM
I wasn't going to vote for him anyway. ;)

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/IBTL.gif

Avenger29
April 13, 2008, 11:30 AM
Guys, there's a pretty good discussion of this over at APS in the Politics section.

We all knew The Big O was against guns, anyway.

Blackbeard
April 13, 2008, 11:35 AM
Dear Mr. Obama:

I'm not "clinging" to guns because the government doesn't care about my well being. I'm clinging to guns because they do. And that scares the hell out of me.

p2000sk
April 13, 2008, 11:39 AM
So how bout those ammo prices?

beaucoup ammo
April 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
Avenger29 has pointed the way! El Tejon was right..there's a place for this..just not here.

Larry Ashcraft
April 13, 2008, 12:04 PM
Off topic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obamaspeak" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!