how to close or end a thread

PDA

icebones
April 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
allright, i am not a computer genus...

but how would i end or close an old thread so replys cant be posted anymore?

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "how to close or end a thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XavierBreath
April 13, 2008, 01:05 PM
Contact a moderator via PM or the ! triangle thingy, give the URL (web address) for the thread (it's the combination of letters and slashes in the address window of your browser, similar to http://www.thehighroad.org/hhsluuu8292=43973337431, copy and paste it in the request) and give a reason for the closure. Chances are, we will close it for you, but sometimes we leave them open if further benefit can be gained.

Since I am now subscribed to this thread, if you just copy and paste the URL in a post here, I will have a look.

icebones
April 13, 2008, 07:41 PM
so the admin has to close a thread, ok

thanks

Mal H
April 13, 2008, 07:59 PM
... that is true unless you're talking about one of your own threads in one of the Buy/Sell/Trade forums. You can close those through the "Thread tools" when the thread is open. All others are mod only closures.

If you enjoyed reading about "how to close or end a thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!