What holster is this?

PDA

Lucky
April 13, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'm looking for information on a Safariland holster for a S&W Model 10 6-shot .38+P 4" barrel. It is low-ride, and has 2 retention devices. #1 is a thumb-break which does not go across the back-strap, but simple snugs the holster onto the gun. #2 is that to get the gun out you have to rock it forward and there's a split in the front of the holster that lets the gun go.

I don't see anything like this on the Safariland website, so any help appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "What holster is this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
carebear
April 16, 2008, 01:36 AM
That type of holster is a "break front" or "front break" (depending on manufacturer). Big in the 60's-70's.

Sorry I couldn't come up with a model number but that may help for searching on the online gun auctions. Someone has to be selling one.

If you enjoyed reading about "What holster is this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!