customer service

PDA

Oleg Volk
April 14, 2008, 12:07 AM
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/24658-2/hkfail9154.jpg

wallpaper (http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/24657-1/hkfail9154.jpg)

If you enjoyed reading about "customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CNYCacher
April 14, 2008, 12:14 AM
LOL!

Nice!

Where's Larry?

Catsailor
April 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
LOL Customer service may not be able to help this owner.

Dope
April 14, 2008, 12:17 AM
LOL

Dope

Hoppy590
April 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
hahah awesome Oleg. iv been talking 2 newbies outta HK's. one just saw how HUGE the Mk23 is and how ridiculously useless it is.still trying to convince the other out of a USP compact

LOL Customer service may not be able to help this owner.

its a mockery of an HK advertisement where they loaded the magazine backwards. and their slogan "in a world of compromise. some dont" as well as thier horrible treatment of civilian owners and complete disrespect for the civi market in long guns

The Unknown User
April 14, 2008, 01:28 AM
I take it you guys don't like HK?

-_-

hankdatank1362
April 14, 2008, 01:50 AM
Oh, man, that's good.

At first, I thought it was a rip of that picture of the SWAT cop with his MP5 mag in backards.

I forgot about the ad.

bogie
April 14, 2008, 02:06 AM
Hey, if you beat on it hard enough, it'll fit.

Remember - 50% of the population is below average. Now, assuming you're one of the intelligent ones, would YOU volunteer to be the first doofus to stagger through the door?

Guitargod1985
April 14, 2008, 02:10 AM
I have a couple of HKs and I do like their pistol products. My USP and P2000 series pistols are fantastic - and they better be for the price I paid. But I will agree that they are elitists when it comes to their long arm offerings to civilians. If they would offer semiauto versions of the MP5, UMP, and XM8 that were cosmetically identical, I'd pick them up in a heartbeat. The USC and XL8 are a freakin' joke. They just aren't sexy at all.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
April 14, 2008, 03:01 AM
I can see that the mindset here is, "friends don't let friends buy H&K."

PTK
April 14, 2008, 03:11 AM
Am I the only one who buys H&K products regardless of their somewhat iffy service toward civilians? I personally LOVE my USP Tactical .45, and have a silencer on the way for it.

That said, I've got this poster for a desktop picture now. :D

Bobarino
April 14, 2008, 03:20 AM
i love it! i think its hilarious and i'm a fan of HK's products. (not their mgmt though)

Bobby

OEF_VET
April 14, 2008, 03:29 AM
I think it's hilarious. (And that's my MP-5!)

Detritus
April 14, 2008, 05:17 AM
I can see that the mindset here is, "friends don't let friends buy H&K."

close, more like "friends don't let friends buy an H&K, untill they're fully informed as to their poor attitude toward 'us peasants', and that the a fair chunk of the price is for the rollmark(ie you can get as good for less money)"

that being said, as much as i personally like things that make fun of H&K. i do not and will not tell anyone that H&K is crap, they're not. in fact a USP was amoung guns i had my wife look at when she wanted a new pistol last year, and made sure she checked "how it felt to her" before seeing the price tag. she liked the Springfield XD better. But if she'd liked the H&K, her happiness was the most important factor not my own distaste for any given gun maker.

Dionysusigma
April 14, 2008, 07:46 AM
Hk.
Nein! Weil Sie minderwertig sind, und wir hassen Sie!

:D:D:D

Kitchen_Duty
April 14, 2008, 08:01 AM
I can see someone visits the fark fail threads....

30 cal slob
April 14, 2008, 08:10 AM
LOL. And I'm a closet HK fanboy. :D

Feud
April 14, 2008, 11:43 AM
HK.

Because you suck. And we hate you.

PPGMD
April 14, 2008, 12:00 PM
Civilian customer service is actually excellent, you call often you get someone who can help with your problem or question, doesn't get much better then that.

The thing that sucks about Hk is the fact they never opened a US factory so all their long guns have to be "sporting."

Gunnerpalace
April 14, 2008, 12:08 PM
The thing that sucks about Hk is the fact they never opened a US factory so all their long guns have to be "sporting."

That's the whole thing, it has to do with Bush I's importation ban, before HK DID sell stuff to us civvies (HK 91,94,95(I think),96(let me know when this gets annoying)), The politics changed when the rules did,

But still there is no excuse for running that add, unless the gun can fire like that, then I might want one. :cool:

Technosavant
April 14, 2008, 12:21 PM
Some places understand customer service to be ensuring that the customer receives the product for which he or she has paid, and that said product functions in an acceptable and proper manner.

Others extend that concept to assuring that the customer is fully satisfied (as much as is reasonably possible) with every aspect of the transaction and ownership experience.

Yet others think customer service in much the same way as a farmer has a bull "service" a cow.

bogie
April 14, 2008, 01:14 PM
I think it's hilarious. (And that's my MP-5!)

Bogie hateses you... yessss he doesssss....

geekWithA.45
April 14, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hell!

That was so funny I had to stab mute, or explain my laughter on a conference call!

geekWithA.45
April 14, 2008, 03:03 PM
PS: defamation liability?

Derek Zeanah
April 14, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hilarious! Love it!

As a matter of fact, making it my wallpaper on this machine...

Feud
April 14, 2008, 03:29 PM
PS: defamation liability?

Not a chance, satire is protected under free speech laws!

NeoSpud
April 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
Not a chance, satire is protected under free speech laws!

Hey, you couldn't print it if it wasn't true, right? ;)

Thus, by virtue that is it printed (on a digital monitor), it is surely true. Can't argue with a good tautology :)

Acheron
April 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
I love how on HK-USA's website it says:

"Heckler & Koch Inc.'s commitment to the American shooter is second to none."

WHAT?!:what:

Feud
April 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hey, you couldn't print it if it wasn't true, right?

Happy? (http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/speech/arts/topic.aspx?topic=parody_satire) :D

Detritus
April 14, 2008, 05:01 PM
I love how on HK-USA's website it says:

"Heckler & Koch Inc.'s commitment to the American shooter is second to none."

WHAT?!

"Heckler & Koch Inc.'s commitment to the American shooter is next to none."

there fixed it for em

buck00
April 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
as well as thier horrible treatment of civilian owners and complete disrespect for the civi market in long guns

Am I the only one wondering where this is coming from? :confused: I am not HK-phile, but in general HK has a top notch reputation for quality. I'm taking it some of you had bad experiences with a warranty or something. :scrutiny:

NeoSpud
April 14, 2008, 07:42 PM
Happy?
Very much! Except I kinda misrepresented myself by quoting you instead of you + the guy you quoted... I was trying to say that Oleg's message (the "you" referred to Oleg... I should've typed "he") wasn't slanderous because he couldn't print it unless it was true... arghh, stupid internet! It's so literal! :p

Yeah, I know very well satire's protection. It's what makes "Garfield minus Garfield" so funny. (Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't covered... oh well, it's still hilarious).

hrgrisso
April 14, 2008, 08:16 PM
Oleg I couldn't stop laughing at this poster. Your satire stabs deeply. Now we need one commenting on their love of the civilian firearms community...

Can somebody post the pic of the cop with a backwards loaded magazine? I can't seem to find it...

The Annoyed Man
April 14, 2008, 08:28 PM
I have a USP Compact, and it is a good, reliable pistol. It also has a right handed safety lever, and I am left handed. Theoretically, it can be modified by the attachment of an ambidextrous safety lever which, theoretically, H&K also manufactures.

Theoretically.

In the real world, where 10-15% of their customers are left-handed, H&K Germany has decided that American shooters don't need ambi-safeties, and they are not exporting any of them to the U.S. I've been calling H&K customer service in the U.S. 2 or more times a month now for the better part of a year, and I keep getting the same song and dance: "Call us back in 2 weeks."

I'm done calling back. I'll never buy another H&K product again. Ever. I didn't buy the USP because I thought it was the prettiest gun on display. I bought it because I thought I was willing to stake my life on its performance, with the proviso that I could get an ambi-safety for it. That is apparently something that H&K just doesn't get, that people here actually buy their guns for the purpose of self defense. So I won't be giving any more of my business to a gun manufacturer who doesn't get that. I'll probably sell the H&K, and use the proceeds to buy another Kimber, in a Commander size.

Edited to add: I have no problem with the quality of H&K pistols, even if they are a bit pricey. Mine functions very reliably. I don't even have that big of a problem with their U.S. customer service guys - one of whom in particular, Link, seems like a pretty nice guy. However, the attitude of the parent company to supplying the U.S. market with parts for their pistols is appalling. If I worked in their customer service department, I would quit out of embarrassment.

CBS220
April 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
Am I the only one wondering where this is coming from? I am not HK-phile, but in general HK has a top notch reputation for quality. I'm taking it some of you had bad experiences with a warranty or something.

HK has a good reputation for quality, but whatever they make can be matched or outdone for considerably less moolah in the majority of cases...

Their marketing draws heavily on tacti-cool junk, and they never market their stuff to Civies. What they do market, they neuter, and price sky high.

CB900F
April 14, 2008, 09:08 PM
Fella's;

I'm surprised at the antipathy shown here, to say the least. I've owned my H&K USPc since 1997, never had an issue with it. I ordered, and subsequently bought, the gun as a type 2. No problem with either the price or availability. By price, I mean that there was no surcharge for obtaining it in a variant other than 1. And, get this, I bought it from my local dealer in the wilds of only semi-civilized Wyoming!!:neener::evil:

Some few years later, I learned at a gun show from the H&K rep there, that the ambi operating lever was going to be available shortly. Something like 90 days later I called H&K & informed them I wanted to send them the gun & have the ambi lever installed. No problem, gave me an authorization number & off the gun went. It was returned in about a week - 10 days at the most, and the work had been performed as requested. My replacement mag springs were sent with it & I saved some shipping fees too.

Frankly, I'm wondering if there's been a massive change in management at H&K USA, or there's more to some of the complaints posted here than meets the video screen. My experience with H&K has been nothing but positive.

900F

Post Scriptum: Of course I am a locksmith, I know where they live, and ipso-facto I have the keys to their house. Snrk!

Radagast
April 14, 2008, 10:03 PM
A friend of mine was a HK sponsored shooter in Australia. He waited over six months for them to provide a replacement firing pin so he could compete in the matchs where he was supposed to be promoting their products.
HK USPs are accurate guns and relatively reliable. They also suffer from parts breakage and HK Germany does not like to provide spare parts. This has been documented for a number of years on a number of shooting forums.

Radagast
April 14, 2008, 10:23 PM
BuckOO, apart from the spare parts issue, there is the pricing issue. The HK USP originally was priced at the same point or lower than the Glock. Failing to make many sales, HK jacked the price up 70% and started advertising it as the the weapon for 'operators' 'operating' 'on 'operations', complete with pictures of mall ninjas jumping through rings of fire while showing bad trigger discipline.

This earns them a lot of derision on boards such as this where posting a pic of yourself with your finger on the trigger of a firearm will get you slammed by half the posters.

Having pitched themselves to the tacticool crowd, HK allowed the sale of several 416 rifle uppers then decided to 'recall' them complete with threats of legal action for non compliance:
"It is the opinion of HK... that these uppers are the sole property of HK; they will NEVER be released for civilian consumption..."

Scuttlebutt on the gun boards was that HK was expecting a government contract to replace the M16 and was worried that adverse publicity about civilian sales might hurt that prospect, so they attempted to bully gun owners into giving up their legal property.

For these reasons HK is less than popular with the politically aware shooters.

have a read of: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

It's become something of a gunboard meme, but there is truth in there.

buck00
April 14, 2008, 11:12 PM
I checked the link you sent me:

Sure, they’re decently reliable, decently accurate guns, but they’re massively overpriced and overrated by legions of fan boys. One of the most frustrating things about dealing with gun people on the interweb is that folks tend to pick a brand, and then base some of their self-esteem on that brand. Kind of like rabid sports fans who feel the need to burn cars if their team wins, or loses, or they just felt like burning stuff. Say something negative about that team to one of those rabid fans, and you’re probably going to get beat up. Likewise, if you say anything negative about the Teutonic superiority of HK, people get mad at you.

I now have a better feel for the situation. haha!

Henry Bowman
April 14, 2008, 11:29 PM
PS: defamation liability?No. Truth is an absolute defense.

Gunnerpalace
April 14, 2008, 11:39 PM
For these reasons HK is less than popular with the politically aware shooters

So is Ruger,Colt, and Smith and Wesson.

And Ruger's CS has been the basis of quite a few topics as well,

CS is just CS it would seem though that HK just has more people with no desire to help the customer, or load magazine correctly.

Ben Shepherd
April 14, 2008, 11:39 PM
Oleg, PLEASE tell my you let Correia in on this in person. THAT would be hillarious.

OEF_VET
April 15, 2008, 12:49 AM
Oleg, PLEASE tell my you let Correia in on this in person. THAT would be hillarious.

Nope, it was just little 'ol me and Oleg, that's all.

CB900F
April 15, 2008, 01:28 AM
Fella's;

Contrary to some above stated opinion, I didn't buy my H&K for it's "tacticoolness". I bought it, in type 2, because it was the best choice for me. By that I mean that it was very left-friendly, and enjoyed an excellent reputation for reliability. Yes it was more expensive than some plasti-bricks, but it fit me, was what met the criteria, and the budget was able to stretch to aquire it.

Since then, for eleven years, it's been stone-reliable. The one piece of work I wanted done, was done at the price quoted, in a short time, and was entirely satisfactory.

900F

Radagast
April 15, 2008, 01:41 AM
CB900F, I accept that the gun has been good for you, I've sold a few USPs, including to friends, I wouldn't have done that if I thought they were trash. The promotion is what pitches to the Tacticool set. That and the MK23 which is a rifle designed by a committee.

Nate C.
April 15, 2008, 01:43 AM
Anyone who ever had to clean an MP5 would not want to own one. Further, at 800 rounds a minute: a) you spend more time loading magazines than shooting; and b) you have to get a second job to pay for all the ammo. As for an MP5 in semi-auto only....why bother? That's like drinking near beer.

Anyone who ever saw the price tag for an HK91 or 93 would no longer want to own one. At least that's why I lost interest.

If you want an HK handgun, you probably should try out a Sig product first.

Now the HK/Benelli Super 90, I like.....

If you enjoyed reading about "customer service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!