Quick Question - Replacing Extractor in Glock 19?

PDA

ZombiesAhead
April 14, 2008, 08:25 AM
I'm about to start shooting Wolf 9mm steel-case in my Glock 19. I've heard it can damage the extractor. I'm not a gunsmith but I'm pretty handy with most mechanical things.

I'm thinking about keeping a spare extractor on-hand to replace in case this ammo damages the gun (I bought 1000 rounds, in for the long-haul). Is this an easy job? Can it be done at home without special tools?

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick Question - Replacing Extractor in Glock 19?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
geocole
April 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
Go here and click on what you want to know.
http://www.topglock.com/info/info.htm

ZombiesAhead
April 14, 2008, 10:06 AM
That certainly seems do-able. Any other parts whose wear might be exacerbated by cheap ammunition?

ochmude
April 14, 2008, 11:23 AM
A 2nd gen Glock 19 was my first handgun purchase. Within 2 hours of having it home I had it completely disassembled using nothing more than an exploded diagram and a youtube video. Trust me, it would be extremely easy to replace an extractor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick Question - Replacing Extractor in Glock 19?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!