Turnaround time for VAF UPIN

PDA

boltonguy
April 14, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Folks,

Looking for some input to help me understand if what I'm experiencing is legit.
I regularly get delayed by NICS on handgun purchases so I decided that I would apply for a Voluntary Appeal File and get a UPIN.

I mailed my form with fingerprints on Feb 5th and received confirmation of receipt by FBI/NICS on February 8th.

I called again in March and the gentleman with whom I spoke told me to call back in mid-April if I hadn't received anything.

I just called back today and still no joy - he suggested that I call back in 2 weeks. He commented that they are first in, first out and that they are very busy as the number of applications has jumped recently.

I have a new S&W 686 SSR at my FFL. I was hoping to pick this up using my UPIN but I guess I'll go tomorrow and get delayed and pick it up next week when they clear the transfer.

Can anyone comment on a reasonable timeframe for processing a VAF application?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Turnaround time for VAF UPIN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boltonguy
April 16, 2008, 07:48 AM
bump

If you enjoyed reading about "Turnaround time for VAF UPIN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!