S&W M&P magazine availability

PDA

ravencon
April 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
I was just browsing the S&W website. It appears that one can only buy 10 round magazines for the S&W M&Ps from S&W.

Does anyone know if extra "high capacity" magazines can be ordered through dealers? This is an abstract question for me since I live where such deadly accessories cannot be sold. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P magazine availability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FieroCDSP
April 14, 2008, 03:02 PM
www.midwayusa.com (http://www.midwayusa.com)

http://mp-store.com/

You should be able to find them either of these places. Or try your local gun shops. If you live in a restrictive area you might only be able to get the ten rounders. Hi-caps are availiable everywhere else.

The Lone Haranguer
April 14, 2008, 03:06 PM
Did you look under the separate heading for high capacity mags?

blkbrd666
April 14, 2008, 03:10 PM
I browsed the S&W website a couple of weeks ago and it cost me a bit over $200. Be careful!!!

A somewhat related question: I bought an M&P and was worried my rebate would get lost, but it didn't. I received the $50 check in the mail with a stub that has $50 + 2 Mags in the description column...this was on Friday(04/11). I wonder how long now before the mags show up in the mailbox or on my doorstep??? Has anyone else received their's???

wally
April 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
Got my mags first, then the check a few weeks later. Not to worry.

--wally.

btg3
April 14, 2008, 04:13 PM
Mags and checks are shipped by different depts.
Mags are shipped fairly promptly.
Check rebates are held and then sent out in batches.
Typically, you will get the mags before the check -- unless the timing was just prior to a batch of checks going out.

Jim Watson
April 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
Took me over three months to get my rebate check, a full four months before the extra magazines arrived. At least they sent the right ones, I have read of a couple of 9mm owners getting .40 mags. Apparently they underestimated the demand and were not well set up.

Feud
April 14, 2008, 04:25 PM
Here you go:

Hi Caps (http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=33308&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=16201&top_category=16201&training=)

I believe I've seen them at dealers as well.

blkbrd666
April 14, 2008, 04:50 PM
Wow!!! I estimated 30 bucks each in my head at the gunshow, but the 17rd in 9mm are $41...that's ($82mags + $50rebate) - $419.00 sticker = $287.00 for a 9mm.

...as I kick myself in the butt for not buying 3...or 5.

I must have gotten my form in just in time to make the latest A/P batch...noticed I now have a Vendor Number with S&W according to the stub. I guess I will wait patiently for the mags.

rbernie
April 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
MidwayUSA puts them on sale for $30/each about every other month.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P magazine availability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!