Ahh, man.. That felt good. Range report!

PDA

WinchesterAA
April 14, 2008, 04:14 PM
Got my slide back from Ed Vandenberg Saturday a few minutes after the ranges closed, but yesterday Marksman was open so I loaded my gear and went straight there. First thing I did all day.

I was nervous because I really really wanted to see good results from my 1911 finally. In the past it's had a rather saturated history of FTFs, FTEs, and various other faults I wasn't sure how to fix when I first got it.

Still not sure about it all, but I replaced the recoil spring I had that'd seen thousands and thousands of rounds with a heavier 18 1/2lb recoil spring.

Got a new les baer match grade extractor and was surprised while reading and performing tests from the extractor tuning tips page
( http://www.m1911.org/technic2.htm) They all worked without any tuning needed.

I figured, good to go, right? I wasn't optimistic, thought when I got there it was gunna maintain the same track record of being a problem gun.

NOPE! 150rds, not a single malfunction of any kind, AND I was chewing the centers of 25yd targets at 25yds with the new sights I put on.

I was using wolf 230gr, WWB 230gr, and some handloaded 240gr ammo the range had as I couldn't believe how well the pistol was working and couldn't stop.

Colt mags, and one crappy aftermarket mag all ran flawlessly as well.

I'm pretty happy to own this poor, abused, neglected and downright ugly 1911.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ahh, man.. That felt good. Range report!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TTR
April 15, 2008, 12:15 PM
Man thats a great range report. It's always nice when things finially work out for the best.
Congrats and shoot straight. :)

Eightball
April 15, 2008, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a dream. Now, how about some pictures of your good shooting and improved toy? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Ahh, man.. That felt good. Range report!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!