Look what followed me home today!

PDA

XD-40 Shooter
April 14, 2008, 10:49 PM
XD-40, 4 inch, flat dark earth, I really like it, freakin sweet!:D The gear package is a bonus, probably $50 worth of stuff.:D

I paid $520 out the door.

If you enjoyed reading about "Look what followed me home today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
yhtomit
April 14, 2008, 11:01 PM
Two words:

Vente Latte.

;)

timothy

Hoppy590
April 14, 2008, 11:16 PM
verry nice. we expect a range report! with pics!

The Lone Haranguer
April 14, 2008, 11:19 PM
Why do they call that color dark earth? :confused: That looks pretty light to me.

XD-40 Shooter
April 14, 2008, 11:31 PM
My camera won't portray the color accurately, its actually darker than what's in the pic, pretty much a medium-dark tan, I like it, especially contrasted to the black slide.

FireArmFan
April 15, 2008, 12:22 AM
Nice looking gun. An XD is pretty high up on my list of pistols to buy. It sucks that the holster it comes with is only a right handed one. Although I have heard the holster isn't that nice.

lvcat2004
April 15, 2008, 12:36 AM
Why do they call that color dark earth? That looks pretty light to me.

You're right, it's not that dark, but that's what Springfield calls it....

BevrFevr
April 15, 2008, 04:17 AM
Pure marketing!

I mean what guy is going to buy a pistol the color of "happy sunnny beach sand tan"? Call the same color "Dark Earth" and the mall ninjas will line up.

DARK Earth just sounds so much more hardcore doesn't it. Sounds sort of scorched and bloody and science fictiony.

Just realize that it is really the color of happy sunny beach sand.

-bevr

loop
April 15, 2008, 05:55 AM
Wow! An xd...

firetruck20
April 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
I got the 9mm sub compact love the gun and the 15 round mags but the holster that comes with it is not very good.

possum
April 16, 2008, 12:43 AM
congrats on the new pistol. i love that color, i love my xd's and i plan to add one in that color to the collection as i have the other bases coverd. i love the platform and it is a solid performer in .40 , reliable and accurate.

Canuc Shooter
April 16, 2008, 09:36 AM
Nice Gun...A few guys I shoot with have the identical "Dark Earth", but my preference is the blacker the better.

m38shooter
April 16, 2008, 10:49 AM
A buddy of mine has a black XD in .45. It's a solid little thing that will bring you much joy (as long as you can afford to feed it).

I mean what guy is going to buy a pistol the color of "happy sunnny beach sand tan"

Maybe hippies would get into shooting?

ChrisMG
April 16, 2008, 11:55 AM
Great XD! Let us know how it shoots in .40, I'm curious as to how snappy it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Look what followed me home today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!