Proud of my first mods.

PDA

p89cajun
April 14, 2008, 11:53 PM
I finally got up enough confidence to detail strip my 1911. More for the tinkering value than anything else. I am so glad I did because I got everything in and it looks good but more because I now have a better understanding of how the gun works. I should of done this a lot sooner. List of parts include a wilson combat hammer, trigger, grip safety, add on front strap and a set of pierce grips. Next up is tearing it all back down, cleaning, and then refinishing with allumahyde II. The rust spots on the thumb lever are only visible in the pictures and not in person.

And if anyone needs my gunsmithing services I only charge $75 an hour and a 12 pack. Also I offer no waranty. :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Proud of my first mods." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Navy87Guy
April 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
Yup, I bought my RIA for exactly the same reason. It was a pretty good feeling to do the mods myself and have the gun go "BOOM" when I was done!

Now you need to change out those GI sights for something a little more functional!

Then buy yourself a Saiga 7.62x39 rifle and convert it to an AK -- now that's fun!!

Check out my website for pics of both the RIA and Saiga mods.

Jim

Mad Magyar
April 15, 2008, 09:21 AM
I finally got up enough confidence to detail strip my 1911. More for the tinkering value than anything else. I am so glad I did because I got everything in and it looks good but more because I now have a better understanding of how the gun works. I should of done this a lot sooner. List of parts include a wilson combat hammer, trigger, grip safety, add on front strap and a set of pierce grips.
Nice job....:) I use Wilson parts as well...BTW, why the grip safety?

2nd 41
April 15, 2008, 09:25 AM
Good Job. 1911's are a fun guns....from shooting to cleaning/modding.

p89cajun
April 15, 2008, 10:20 AM
I changed the grip safety because I got hammer bite with the old one. I would leave the range with a little bit of blood trickling down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Proud of my first mods." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!