SL Tribune editorial board. Solidly Anti. Let them know how you feel.

PDA

Rugerlvr
April 15, 2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_8923928

I'm at a loss for words.

If you enjoyed reading about "SL Tribune editorial board. Solidly Anti. Let them know how you feel." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
charon
April 15, 2008, 06:12 PM
As usual, none of the "journalists" involved do the 10 minutes of research required to answer the simple question: How often are these rifles used in homicide? Igorance of basic journalism 101 skills? Not likley. Just a disagreable answer for the agenda. Common in Chicago Tribune land too. Now I know it's an editorial, and therefore opinion, but certainly not educated opinion or balanced opinion.

According to the FBI, less than 3 percent for ANY rifle.

The Chicago Murder Analysis for the years published with breakouts (2003 & 2004, I believe) show less than that and the use of baseball bats at the same or twice the rate, again for ANY rifle.

So rare, that they have to keep dredging up the same exceptions to the ruleover and over again to make their non point.

Winchester 73
April 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
Almost identical to the Miami Herald's "cop killer AK-47's" editorial last month.These left wing rags repeat themselves like a broken record.
They're slowly dying though and I must admit ,we'll be better off without them.
The liberal bias is staggering.At least 80%.And we're down to so few companies owning so many newspapers.
There is no local independence left, except in rare localities.

NG VI
April 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
The editorial makes me feel sick.

However, this line is funny-

The goal today should be a new law that goes beyond the old one. The intent should be to forbid the sale of high-velocity, military-style, semi-automatic weapons that fire many rounds in quick succession.

So I suppose that means that SMGs like the Thompson and UMP are fine with the SL Tribune?

JoshM
April 15, 2008, 07:42 PM
military-style, semi-automatic weapons

That's an interesting phrase, normally the media uses the term "assault weapons". Reading the editorial it seems to be a mess of Brady and IANSA talking points that the writer cribbed off the Associated Press.

The upshot could be firefights between good guys and bad, waged with automatic weapons. This is nuts. We can't imagine that Americans want Baltimore to be like Baghdad, or Fresno to resemble Falluja.

The writer uses the standard "blood in the streets" schlok but then goes for extra points with an Iraq reference.. :barf:

Leanwolf
April 15, 2008, 08:39 PM
Look at the masthead of the newspaper to see which very large syndicate owns it. Almost all newspapers, large sized, medium, and small, are owned by only a few gigantic corporations.

These media corporations are invariably anti-guns owned by the worker peasants, hateful of the Second Amendment, and scoff at the very idea that the individual worker peasant has any "Right" to protect him or herself against attacks by vicious criminals.

The editors and most reporters are required to be exactly the same in their political ideology. Of course, there will be the rare token "conservative" columnist hired, but the vast majority of a newspaper's staff, or teeeveee station's staff, will be anti-Second Amendment and anti-self defense. They are also pro-left and pro-gigantic, smothering Government.

That's the "journalism" racket today.

L.W.

If you enjoyed reading about "SL Tribune editorial board. Solidly Anti. Let them know how you feel." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!