Hk P30 9mm

PDA

greenscape
April 15, 2008, 07:17 PM
I handled a P30 at a local shop today and it felt real nice. It was used and looked to have very few rounds thru it. Whats should a used one of these in very good shape fetch ? Is $550 too much?

Had very nice night sites and all the interchangeable grips..

Any feedback on how this guns history has been and how it shoots would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hk P30 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
April 15, 2008, 08:14 PM
No experience with this particular gun. But, considering what it probably cost when new, that sounds like a good price.

riceboy72
April 15, 2008, 09:10 PM
Excellent price. Get it before someone else does. Lots of info on the P30 is now available, and it sounds like it's an awesome shooter and a quality Heckler & Koch creation. I personally like the interchangeable grips and the ability to customize it. Many have said it's akin, if not better, than the P2000.

DougDubya
April 15, 2008, 09:41 PM
The P2000 is a comfy little gun, and it takes USP Compact mags.

The P30 can't.

I'd stick with the 2000, especially if the mall ninjas trade in for the new hotness of the P30 or the HK45.

bdg146
April 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
Does the OP have a P2000? They didn't mention...

Sounds to me like a great price. I've never seen one used, but if I saw one for $550 I'd probably snatch it up.

Most of the time when an HK question is asked around here, people are referred to hkpro.com. They have an excellent forum with lots of people with lots of knowledge. I don't own a P30, but I do have a P2000sk. From what I've read about the P30 and through my experience with the P2000, I'd say the P30 is probably a top notch pistol.

Bentonville
April 15, 2008, 10:47 PM
Great Price. Get it. Should have three sizes side and back strap panels. You can custom fit the grip to your hand and it improves handling and accuracy for me. Accurate, easy to field strip, and reliable (about 500 rounds of Blazer Brass, American Eagle, Fiocchi, Federal HS and a couple of other brands and thus far never a problem). In fact, I have never had a failure of any kind from any of my HKs over a period of 14 years.

hifiguy7
April 15, 2008, 10:51 PM
Where is this P30? I'll go check it out for you!!

Don't be surprised if it is gone when you go back though. I bought a P30 and I am now in the process of selling all my other pistols, as this one is the best I ever shot. I paid $750 for a new one just a few weeks ago.

WSUZJer
April 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
$550 is a crazy low price, even used. I picked mine up locally for $740 new.

They shoot great. My P30 is my CCW right now. They may not take the USPc mags but the P30 mags work in the USPc's. ;)

IMTHDUKE
April 16, 2008, 01:50 PM
Have one an its a top gun

DougDubya
April 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
They shoot great. My P30 is my CCW right now. They may not take the USPc mags but the P30 mags work in the USPc's.

Which is why I approve of the P30's introduction. :D

NG VI
April 16, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'd buy it if I were in your position. I'd buy it if I were in my position, excpet that I just bid on a CZ PCR. I love my USP 40, I bought it used three years ago for $460, and it is in great shape, but it is definitely used, I think 95 date code, some wear on the slide, when it gets a little more worn I plan on hard chroming the entire thing.

Anyway I really like the HK pistols and from what I've read about the P30 on HKPro they are fantastic pistols.

greenscape
April 16, 2008, 06:54 PM
Went back today and it was gone. Should have listened to the guy when he told me it would not last.. Bummed.. Felt great . Probably buy a new one..

If you enjoyed reading about "Hk P30 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!