New gun dance going on right here x2

PDA

axeman_g
April 15, 2008, 11:20 PM
Finally....

In Feb I was looking for some sort of big bore handgun.... .357+ and a new 9mm. I stumbled across a G20C, and having had a G20 in the past and wanting another I went ahead and checked it out. It looked good, bore was clean and rifling loked very sharp. It was a great price, $375. I got him down to $360 because it only had one mag.

Now, in NJ I have to get my Pistol Purchase Permit... I should have applied weeks before but I was not really proactive. The decision to get a new gun was sort of a suprise to myself, but I have an Idaho Grouse hunting trip coming this fall so I wanted to get something now for a sidearm.

I got the call today, permits are in.... it took 7 weeks. It sucks, but it is what it is for right now.

Pick the gun up and clean it out... dirtiest Glock I have seen in a long time. Must have never been cleaned. It had a good bit of oxidation on the tenifer finish, nothing damaging just a "film".

Tomorrow I pick up a Walther P99AS that I got from a fellow THR memeber. It has been sitting at my FFL dealer for three weeks. I have been siting on the 15rd mags for that long also. I cant wait.

I am looking forward to working these guns out over then next few weeks.

If you enjoyed reading about "New gun dance going on right here x2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "New gun dance going on right here x2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!