Para Carry 9 Thoughts

PDA

bdfinst
April 15, 2008, 11:31 PM
I have just over 300 rounds through my new carry 9. I bought it, bought two bulk packs of UMC 9mm and went to the range. I've not had a single failure. However, the three friends that were with my all had sever different types f jams ranging from stovepipe to double feed. Also, the finish on the frame began wearing right after I bought it. It continues to wear rapidly. That sort of wear is not what I would expect from an $800.00 firearm. I'll continue to work on breaking it in, but I'm disappointed on the frame wear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Para Carry 9 Thoughts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gilfo
April 16, 2008, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the frame wear. It's true you would expect more from an expensive gun. I really wanted to get one myself. I searched the forum and found someone that had the same problem as you with wear. So I decided against it and bought a CZ Rami. I am kinda anal about my guns and could not deal with the wearing. But the main issue is function. If it functions good and you are confident in carry for ccw the wear issue could be looked at as it has character. Good luck and keep us posted from the range.

hornet41
April 16, 2008, 08:47 AM
Thats strange!! I've shot the fool out of mine and never noticed any wear anywhere on the gun. Finish or otherwise! I did notice it has a preference for 124 Gr. bullets as opposed to 115 Gr.. I love it!! 'Mo

MassMark
April 16, 2008, 08:53 AM
Though mine is a Carry 6.45, I have had no issues with the finish whatsoever. It's been uber reliable and still looks great. I used the little tube of grease that was included with the gun and since have used Militec-1 grease on all moving parts. Still looks and runs perfect....

austin360
April 16, 2008, 03:39 PM
I've had nothing but great luck with mine. I love the LDA trigger.

ddc
April 16, 2008, 03:50 PM
Are we talking about "frame wear" i.e. the actual metal of the frame is being removed?

Or are we talking about "frame finish wear" i.e. the finish which is on the frame is being removed but the actual frame is ok?

Not that the latter is acceptable but it is somewhat less troubling than the former.

jocko
April 16, 2008, 07:23 PM
Had one, loved it,l the most accurate handgun I ever owned, as lite a 1911 as ever made to. No better lda trigger system in the world. Match grade barrel. BUT the worst finish ever on the frame, absolutley the worst. Mine started to wear in the first 100 ronds, chipping the black finish right off of it. touchig it up didn't help. I then sent it to Para in Tn and spent $$100 with shipping to get the special ops green finish on the frame. WORST MISTAKE I ever made. That finish last ed even less than the original did. and It looked like hell. could not touch up the special green finish. I PEDDLED IT.. I wanted to love it, but it just didn't want to love me back

orionengnr
April 16, 2008, 07:45 PM
any reason you couldn't have it hard chromed?

bdfinst
April 16, 2008, 07:55 PM
The issue I'm having is with the finish on the frame. It appears to be black paint, and not very high quality paint either (Krylon?). I love the trigger and accuracy. Last night I used my fingernail to scrape the paint off of the frame rails in hope that might help with some of the malfunctions my friends were having. Of course, the fact that a FINGERNAIL could be used was annoying. If the gun makes it through testing and becomes my carry gun, I'll probably have the frame refinished. Maybe I'll grab a can of something bake on.

If you enjoyed reading about "Para Carry 9 Thoughts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!