magazine modification

PDA

moooose102
April 16, 2008, 07:11 AM
ok, i am sure i am not the first to think of this, but i thought i would pass it along anyway. just for fun, (i was having no troubles) i disassembled the magazine on my taurus 24/7, an cleaned it like always. then i decided to try something, and it really works. i sprayed the inside of the magazine with lyman moly coat for bullets. i let it dry for 2 days in the sun. when i loaded it, everything seemed just as before. but when i manually pushed the shells out of the clip, like the slide would do, WOW! they came out way easier! and they moved up the clip way easier also. i did this about 6 times, emptying the clip each time (12 rounds per load) and it didn't seem to wear away the moly. i do not know how long it will last, but if somebody out there is having feed issues, or just wants to make their gun more reliable, this may be the ticket. it is worth a try. i did go out and shoot the pistol, and it shoots fine. no problems caused by the moly. i am going to tear apart the other clip and do the same to it. i hope this helps somebody.

If you enjoyed reading about "magazine modification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Magyar
April 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
Kudos....I'm sure Taurus can use all the help it gets...:D Just kidding....

If you enjoyed reading about "magazine modification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!